Last Call

Marriott apprehensively drew the curtain open a crack. She was in her pink dressing robe with a purple feathery scarf over her neck. No one could see her like this. No. One. But she couldn't help the curiosity mulling about at the back of her head.

She squinted with the brightness of the day. There was a sound coming from her front porch but she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. It was a cloudy Wednesday afternoon and everyone was at work. Every single neighbor went to work at 7:30am and came back at 5:30pm. Clockwork.

Marriott wondered if she had a stalker about the house. She closed the curtain in frustration. Bah! She turned and started walking to the kitchen for a glass of wine when her scarf got pulled right off her neck. Marriott screamed in fear of her potential breaking and entering stalker. But it was only Luna her cat. Meow. Marriott pulled at the scarf but Luna bit into the feathers and pulled harder as it to play. Marriott shrugged and let Luna have it.

Suddenly the phone rang and spooked Marriott once again. My, this day! I need a cuppa... Hello? There was static on the line and someone mumbling noise she could not make out. Helloooo? Marriott repeated. "Help me I'm trapped and I need help I can't get out, my name is..." No sorry I'm not interested; please delete my number from your list, thank you, good day and Marriott hung up.

She walked away from the phone finally at ease that she can get on with her day and make a nice cuppa... ring ring ring ring... My gosh I'm going to tell this company that they're going to have to talk to my lawyers. Hello!? Marriott exclaimed. "Miss I'm sorry you misunderstand me, my name is Abraham and this is an emergency, I need your help, you're my only hope!" Marriott started looking about, trying to find a camera or something to see if this was a joke. "I'm in a dark place with soil on the ground... the ceiling is very low... and I can hear a dog barking... oh he's coming down the stairs hold on a moment." Marriott decided to let this play out, she didn't have anything scheduled for today anyway.

...