Tales of the 27 Club, Episode 1: The Scientist (pitch vers.)

A research neuroscientist, Dan Warshaw, works in a lab by day but continues his side gig as a rock & roller. He and his band play golden oldies in and around Cambridge, Mass. Dan is a scientific skeptic, he doesn't believe in anything he can't see or touch. He doesn't believe in the human soul, he knowsthat when your brain dies, that's the end of you.

He's coming out of work one night, going to deliver a lecture about certain substructures of the brain and how they affect consciousness, when he spots someone lounging near his car. As he approaches, he sees that this person looks, for all the world, like a living representation of the early rock and roller,Eddie Cochran. He's even carrying a guitar case.

But that's impossible, Dan thinks. Eddie died in 1963, more than 50 years ago.

Eddie, or whoever this is, says to him, "Doc. Warshaw? There's a meeting tomorrow night and we need your help. One of ours has killed one of yours. Time and place in a voicemail to your phone. I gotta go."

And he fades in the darkness. He's gone before Dan can reply.

"What the hell just happened?" Dan says, to himself and the empty parking lot.

Welcome to Tales of the 27 Club, Episode One: The Scientist"