Scenario One

Author's Prelude:

This one goes to the kids who've ever felt insecure about themselves.

For the people just like me, because we are imperfect. :)

This is my first time EVER uploading one of my stories and the writing quality kinda sucks, but I'm hoping you guys bear with me anyway.XD The story starts out reaaally slow, but I promise it'll get way more interesting once we get past all the character setup. :) Enjoy!

_________________________________________________________

Scenario One

"A lady does not sleep during lessons." 15 Tips on How To Be A Lady, Rule #3

"And the winners for this year's Dance Mania is..." The emcee paused for effect. "The Colettes!"

My friends and I all shot up and hugged each other, screaming and jumping ecstatically. Oh, joy! This was the moment we had all been waiting for! We floated up the stage to collect our prize - a ten thousand dollar check. Finally, all our hard work and efforts were paying off!

As I descended the steps, Matt Stewart greeted me. "Hey, Brown." He smiled, his dimples deepening both sides of his cheeks.

"Stewart." I winked at him as he drew nearer. Soon, our faces were only inches apart.

Please, I prayed, let my first kiss be perfect.

Matt brushed away a stray strand of hair on my face. "You were amazing. I'm so in love with you." He leaned down and I closed my eyes...

"DANIELLE!" Someone far away cackled my name.

I jumped back and stared in uttermost horror as a witch riding a broom zoomed towards me. She was going to whisk me away! But she looked oddly familiar. In fact, she looked a lot like my literature teacher...

"DANIELLE LEVINE BROWN!"

I awoke from my desk with a jolt and shot up to a standing position with a salute. "Sir, yes sir! I am alive!"

This was met by a series of snickers and giggles from the class. As the drowsiness faded from my bleary eyes, my vision focused on the small, frail woman crossing her arms right under my nose, and I deflated.

"Oh. It's just you." I flapped back into my seat like a flag stripped of its pole. I narrowed my eyes at Mrs. Trowsky (a.k.a The Trout) in all her ancient glory. My dream was ruined! And did she just call me by my full name? Ugh. "Jeez, Mrs. Trowsky, you should know better than to interrupt someone's beauty sleep. You have no idea about the happenings in somebody's dream."

I was pissed. There went my first kiss. Even though it was just a dream.

"And you should know better than to snore away during my class. Tell me, Danielle; in your opinion, do you think of Lady Macbeth as a character to be sympathized with?"

Ha. An opinion-based question. I smirked. "Not at all." I slouched back in my seat, giving off an aura off apathy.

"And why not?" My literature teacher's eyes gleamed with a mix of curiosity and wariness.

"Well, first of all, her guilt was self-inflicted - she'd asked for it during her "unsex me" speech," I used my fingers to strike off my points. "Secondly, I think William Shakespeare only developed her character to become 'good' in the end just to give her one redeeming factor - otherwise we audience would never have liked the story.

"And lastly, the woman was nuts. She was the one who killed herself. Nobody asked her to die. I don't find anything about her to sympathize with. Saying she was overwhelmed with greed would just be an excuse."