On a scale from one to ten

"Mitsuki took a leave, so it's just the two of you today." Hana, the mission assigner, told them with a polite smile. They'd known her since they started taking missions back in their genin days.

"Here's the scroll with all the details. Remember to check in as soon as you come back." This last thing she said it with her hazel eyes digging graves on the blonde, the polite grin she threw Boruto made chills run down his spine.

"Jeez fine." He said waving his hand dismissively, to which Sarada rolled her eyes as she took the scroll.

"Thanks Hana." The Uchiha said as she walked out followed by Boruto who just waved goodbye.

"Meet me at the gates at 7 okay?" Sarada asked while the two walked down the busy streets of Konoha, the whispering coming from the people passing by them completely ignored. It was no secret that they were close, teammates to be exact. But everyone kept fabricating rumors about them being together, their friends included. At first, Sarada was annoyed by that, now she found herself hoping the rumors come true. Like she will ever admit that.

Sarada looked up to Boruto since she was left behind in height. She felt strangely satisfied by this fact—she could even say she liked it—.

"I'll pick you up, there's something I want to ask Sensei about." He grinned and she raised an eyebrow clearly surprised and humming in disbelief remembering what happened not a while ago.

"You do realise that your house is the other way around, don't you?" Sarada asked one night after dropping Mitsuki in his house. The mission had been complicated and all of them were dead tired.

"I have something I want to ask Sensei about." Boruto explained as he followed her to the Uchiha residence.

Sarda frowned. "At 3 am?"

"It's an emergency, my life's at stake."

She didn't have the most normal and civilized teammates, but at least they were good people. When they reached the house, Sasuke was—surprisingly— leaning against the house front. As if he was waiting for them.

"Good... morning? Papa." Sarada offered, Sasuke nodded with a soft smile and turned back to Boruto. Smile fading like it was never there. "Alright, I'll go sleep. Bye Boruto"

The next afternoon when they had to regroup, her blonde teammate seemed off. Big dark eye bags sat under his lost blue eyes, he was slightly trembling. Like he had been put under genjutsu and tortured. She never heard about what they discussed with her father, but every time she asked Boruto blushed and looked away.

"Like the last time?" She reminded him with a grin.

His cheeks turned pink real quick and he had to turn around to avoid her amused gaze. "T-that was... it's not..." He stuttered unsure of what to say, sighing in the end. "Shut up."

Sarada laughed and Boruto allowed his heart to beat faster at the melodic sound—like he had a choice anyway—. He smiled at the thought of how they recently grew... closer. A caress on her cheek during a long mission in the sand, an arm placed around her slim waist to get her out of the path of an enemy's kunai. Oh, and that kiss. She shouldn't have allowed him to kiss her like he did. He still dreamt about that and many, many other things he shouldn't get distracted thinking about.

"Boruto..." She started unsure, feeling his intense stare on her, dying to know if he felt the same butterflies as her. But as always, she chickened out at the last second at the dark cloud carrying all her insecurities. What if she lost him?