Chapter 7

Chapter 7.  (NotEdited!)

It was Friday and Alice had persuaded me to throw a party. Of course it took a lot of persuasion and begging on her part but she managed to get me to agree with her. The only thing I could think was - What have I got myself into?

Alice had done all the inviting and helped me move some of the valuables that I and my mum owned, into my mums room, where it was locked and I had the key. I was hoping that no one would arrive but of course when Alice is doing the inviting everyone was bound to show.

“Pleasee.” Alice begged, pouting.

I shook my head, “No.”

“Oh come on! Please.” She said.

She was trying to convince me into ‘dressing up’ but her meaning of ‘dressing up’ is some slutty outfit. Well that’s what I thought she would dress me up in.

“I’m not dressing like a slut.”

She sighed, “You haven’t even seen what I want you to wear.”

That was true. I hadn’t seen what she wanted me to wear but I knew her too well. Another ten minutes over her begging and me refusing passed by before I finally caved.

“Fine.” I grumbled.

Alice squealed and jumped off my bedroom floor. “You shall look amazing!”

I watched as Alice raced over to her bag which was sat on the end of my bed. Her grin never wavered as she searched through her bag. Alice was also staying over too tonight.

“I thought we were getting ready in an hour?” I asked. It was only 6pm and people were not meant to arrive until 9pm.

“Ahah!” Alice said as she pulled out a dress. She held it up to show me, “What do you think? And well, we need to do your nails and everything! Its your first party!” She said with so much delight in her voice, making her sound like a prep.

“When did you turn girly?” I ask.

She scowls at my choice of wording, “I Alice Louise Granger is not girly.” She announced.

“Whatever.” I grumbled

The dress itself was pretty and not what I thought Alice would of chosen for me. The dress had a zip black front until it reached the waist were it was detailed; the rest of the dress from waist downwards was a pink textured material.

“It looks really nice.” I told her, honestly.

She held it to the side and looked at it again, “It does, doesn’t it?”

It was too.

I nod, “Yeah. But do we really have to do my nails?” I whined.

“Yes.” She said, her voice leaving no room for protests.

“Fine.” I grumbled.

It was a long process before I was finally deemed to be done and ready. It was already nearing 8pm and Alice had yet to do herself. I looked at myself in my floor length mirror. It was the first time that I could see what Alice had done with me.

The reflection of the mirror showed a girl, with brown hair curled and scraped to the side of her head with a pearl headband sat in her hair. Her face was looking flawless with the light sheen of makeup that was applied. Her lips covered in lip gloss, making them look plump and shinning under the light. The top of the dress showed a little too much cleavage for her liking but she couldn’t deny that it looked amazing. On her feet was a pair of black strapped heels, her freshly painted toe nails peeking through.