Northern Downpour Sends Its Love

A car's headlights raced past as Phil drove down the highway, crickets barely heard over the soft music he had playing. Dan (his loving boyfriend who didn't have a drivers license meaning Phil had to drive the whole way ) snored softly in the passenger seat. Phil hummed along to the song playing and took a sip of his coffee, trying his best to stay awake for the remaining hour of the road trip.

Him and Dan were taking a vacation to a beach, one they'd never been to. They needed it. The aftermath of the II tour was tiring, no matter how much fun it was in the moment. The trip was a nine hour drive, the longest they'd ever done with just the two of them alone. It was exciting. Phil smiled, thinking about it. 

His thoughts were cut off by a quiet voice. Dan began to almost... whisper. He was still sleeping. Phil took an arm off the steering wheel and paused the music playing to listen. 

"For diamonds.....just like br...glass to m..e.." Dan mumbled with his eyes closed. Phil got, like, half of that, but it was agonizingly familiar.

 After that it was more soft humming than mumbling until Phil heard, "Fl.. lungs...northern downpour s..nds it's love..". Phil didn't hear any of the vowels, but understood nonetheless.

 'Northern Downpour'. That old Panic! song that came out when he and Dan barely even knew each other. That felt like years ago. 

Phil smiled and tried to join in and sing along quietly. That must've been insulting to Dan's conscious, who was trying to do a solo, because Dan started to stir. His eyelids fluttered open and looked over at Phil.

"Hey moon, please forget to fall down." Phil sang. Dan smiled and closed his eyes again, sitting up straighter. 

Dan joined in with a clearer voice. "Hey moon, don't you go down."

Then they were singing the old song, word for word, together. It was weird. Suddenly singing together out of nowhere, without question, because Dan tended to sing in his sleep. That was the type of love they had. A weird, sudden love, which despite its oddness was perfect to both of them. 

"I know the world's a broken bone"

"But melt your headaches, call it home."

They giggled as they sang. Neither of them were professional singers or anything. They didn't have excellent voices, either. But they were having fun, and they were happy.

And, really, that's all that mattered at that moment.

That moment, lost to the rest of the world, known only to them.

~End.~

A/N: This was a really dumb idea I got at midnight.  It probably doesn't make sense here but it definitely made sense at the time. It seemed cute in the moment. 👍👍👍👍