Some chapter title I can't come with, so let's name it: Ch. 4

So I really don’t know how this will go, but my fingers are crossed! If my story keeps sucking, I am so sorry!! I’m trying to help y’all have another jolex story to enjoy (: I’ve changed a lot of stuff so yeah, hope you guys can keep up. If I go out of character a little bit, sorry! Again, ideas are welcomed! Review after you read (:

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor!!

Alex had proposed to Jo at Kepner’s wedding…he thought she said yes. He was so excited. He hasn’t been this excited…well never! Even including the time Hopkins wanted him.

When he had introduced Jo to Jimmy’s wife (or whatever they had seen each other as); as his fiancé, he couldn’t help but smile.

When she had come up to him and asked about it. He was nervous/scared. When she practically turned him down, it hurt.

“You’re leaving me,” He interrupted her.

“What,” she asked, shocked.

“You are having freaking cold feet, so you’re leaving!”

“I never said that!! Really, Alex? Have you lost your mind?” Alex looked down. He didn’t know why he felt this. “Let’s talk about this at home; I have patients to check up on.” She walked out of the cafeteria.

“Why did you say yes, if you didn’t mean it,” Alex questioned, frustrated at her.

“I didn’t know you were proposing,” Jo exclaimed, for the millionth of time to her.

“What part of: ‘We’ll be together forever’ and the whole kids part did you not get the ‘proposing’ concept?”

“It just sounded like you wanted to plan our future…I did not hear any words resembling to the idea wrapped around marriage. I just thought you said you wanted kids…”

“I do…but I was mostly talking about marriage…”

“I did not hear ‘will you marry me?’ coming out of your mouth…not once!” Alex shook his head when she said that. “You know I’m right, Alex.”

“Whatever…” He grabbed his keys and wallet. “I’m going to the bar if you need me.” He walks out the door.

Jo cried all that night in bed.

The next day, Jo was sitting with Stephanie in the alley behind the kitchen, where they had hung out when they were interns, when Heather, Shane & Leah were still there.

“…He’s just…” Jo covered her mouth and closed her eyes. To be honest, she didn’t even know why she and Alex were fighting about this at all.

“He cares about you, Jo,” Stephanie offered.

“I never said he didn’t. It’s just that…he sprung it on me.”

“It’s not like he was dating you and then ask April to run away with him…” Jo looked at Steph, remembering what her friend had encountered the past month and out her hand on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry, Steph. I keep rambling on about my life and totally forgot what happened with you…”

“At least, one of us can forget…” Jo patted her on her back for comfort. “But, your edition of ‘Keeping up with Jo’ helps me forget sometimes…except the whole marriage thing you brought up.”

Jo giggled. “Well, I guess our love life sucks a little does it?” Stephanie shrugged.

At the same time that is going on with Jo/Steph’s convo, Alex was having his own “rant” to Meredith Grey.