Happiest Lonely Girl in the World (A Partial Freeform RT Fanfic) - Chapter One

Chapter One

You never really understood the point of Facebook. What's the point of telling all of your 'friends' what you're doing at that very moment? Peer pressured into that stupid account you would wake up everyday to hundreds of posts from your popular uni friends showing how perfect their new dress was, how beautiful their make-up was today, and to show off their kiss-shots featuring this week's boyfriend.

You rub your eyes, making your way to the kitchen, quickly whipping up a mug of coffee to wake you up properly.

You feel awful. Groggy and sluggish and slow and... tired. You yawn...

After a few sips of coffee you start to feel more awake, but not fully energized. You slowly shuffle back to your bedroom, bunny slippers scratching along the carpet.

You plonk down on your seat and place your mug of coffee down on the desk. You recently earned enough money to finish your PC setup. Razer and other assorted products cover the desk. Keyboard, mouse, gaming mouse, PC gamepad, slightly worn out mouse pad and a massive terabyte drive.

You had made a rack especially for storing all your controllers on. Painted green, to match your bedroom walls, it gladly and conveniently held your two xbox controllers (plus your rare wireless one), your silver 360 controller, covered in random stickers AND your brand new xbox one controller. You had bought an xbox ONE two days ago and were completely in love with it. Despite the lack of games available, you had still been able to download tonnes of games from the market place.

You are FINALLY fully awake, ready to surf the web. You click on the Facebook icon in your bookmark toolbar and wait for the page to load. Dumb internet. Staring at the notifications icon you wait eagerly for the page to completely load to show you just how many wonderful comments and likes your recent posts earned overnight. Your eyebrows furrow as you look at the top of the window. The little cross quickly turns into the refresh icon.

no likes? No comments? No NOTHING?!

Your fist clenches, raises up and then slams down on the desk. This wasn't the first time this happened...in fact, it was a regular thing for you, and you hated it.

well, may as well check what going on

~~~~~

Today's Posts:

Jennifer: "oh I look so tan. Better take a selfie. Here it is" (134 likes)

You look at the dumb blonde you despise so much, looking absolutely orange, wondering how on EARTH nobody mistook her for an oompa loompa...

Grace: "I spent so long looking for a new summer dress, then I found this beautiful one, seriously. Its gorgeous, look at it! And only $299 dollars. Can't beat a good bargain!" (235 likes)

Seriously, you want to facepalm, but you just CANNOT be bothered wasting that gesture on someone so...uhh...annoyingly snobby.

And hey, then there's your post from yesterday.

(Y/N): "I FINALLY earned all 20 achievements on Tetris Splash! I'm so excited. Anyone wanna challenge me online?" (0 likes)

You look solemnly at your monitor and sigh. Why did you post that? Because you felt happy, like the other girls with their tans and dresses.. but what you get excited about is a bit different to everyone else. /Tetris/ you whisper...

I must look like such an ass.

But you couldn't deny, you were addicted to that game, mainly due to the fact you wanted to get to number one on the weekly leaderboards. During a boring lecture you had got bored, deciding to search the internet for something more exciting.

~~~

Checking your Twitch account, you spot a livestream notification. You don't normally get to catch these and what's more, you hadnt caught one of RoosterTeethRay's streams in ages. That was the day you learnt how much of a Tetris legend he was, I mean, you'd heard he could play, but man, could he play!

Later on, at home, your sole goal was to buy that goddamn game, and show the competition who's the boss!

~~~

You really liked the guys at Achievement Hunter. If really liked meant extremely obsessed then, yeah, you 'really liked' them. You'd watch their videos, listen to their podcasts, draw pictures of your favourite lads and gents, read fanfictions all about them (including the reader inserts) and most of all, your biggest dream was to be one of them.

You saw their lives as fun and exciting, laughing and playing games together all day long. You didnt care that they were far away (okay.. maybe you were a bit jealous of those living in Austin, TX) because you could 'hang out' with them wherever you were, watching their latest lets play or RT Life episode. They made you feel less alone, more normal, and they made you, their fan, feel special.

If only...

~~~

 But, after years of dreaming and wishing... luck would eventually come your way.