Niall Imagine: Barbara Rumors

You are not one who jumps to conclusions. But after seeing tons of pictures and tons of rumors, you started to believe that your boyfriend, Niall, is actually cheating on you. At first you didn’t believe it, but as time went on, it started to sink in.

You and Niall went for a walk and he hasn’t yet held your hand. “So… how’s Barbara?” you ask him. He sighs a heavy sigh, but doesn’t reply. “Well?” you ask again. “She’s fine. Why do you ask?” he questions. “No reason. I mean… you’ve spending a lot of time with her… I was just trying to make conversation,” you lied. It was silent for a couple of blocks when Niall finally grabs your hand. “Do you trust me?” he asks. The question got you in a rut. You wanted to say that you trust him, but you’re unsure if you actually do. “It’s hard to trust if you’ve been told so many lies,” you reply.

“I haven’t lied to you, (Y/N).”

“I know that. It’s just with all the rumors-,” you fall silent and let go of his hand. “I mean… I haven’t seen you for a week without any explanation. You’re always spending time with her. I feel like we’ve grown a part,” you confess. “I don’t want to be bombarded with rumors anymore. I don’t want to have to say that I don’t trust you. I want you to tell me that I deserve better. I want you to break up with me,” you explain. He looks at you with worried eyes. He puts his hand on your cheek and says, “I don’t want to say it.”

“Then say goodbye,” you suggest.

His hand is shaking when he removes it from your face. “Goodbye,” he says. A tear forms at his eye, but he rubs it away before it could fall.  “Goodbye,” you echo him. He doesn’t walk away, so you do. You weren’t sure of where to go. All you could think about is how the rumors aren’t going to matter anymore. All the weight has been lifted off of your shoulders.

Watching you walk away didn’t feel right to him. Ever since you two started dating, Niall knew that your relationship would end in a marriage. He was confused as to why this started in the first place. He and Barbara had been friends even before he had started dating you. He can’t control the rumors. “But I can control whether they’re true or not,” he thinks to himself.

You are blocks ahead, but he rushes through the crowd of people that are covering the walkway.  “(Y/N)!” he shouts, as you turn the corner. Fear flows over him, forcing him into a sprint. He turns the corner and sees you standing at a bus stop. He slows down to halt to catch his breath, while keeping an eye on you.

Once his breathing is back to normal, he walks up to you. “(Y/N),” he says. You don’t turn around, knowing already who it is. “Don’t do this, Niall,” you beg him. He grabs your hand, turning you around to face him. You look down knowing, that if you look at him, you’ll undertake him. “It’s too late, (Y/N). I’ve already made up my mind. I’ll do anything to make this better. I won’t spend so much time with Barbara, okay?” he suggests. You look at him and shake your head. “She’ll understand,” he adds. You shake your head again, stepping back. “I can’t let you do that,” you say.

The bus arrives before anything else was said. You turn away and start towards it. “Can I tell you something before you go?” Niall asks you. You stop and turn back around. “You two haven’t met before, but Barbara really likes you. I’ve told her so many things about you and-.”

“You told her about me?” you ask.

“Why wouldn’t I?” he asks.

“I just thought you would be talking about other things,” you reply. “I always talk about you. In fact, I think it annoys the crap out of Barbara. She thinks I’m obsessed with you,” he confesses. You giggle, almost forgetting that you two are broken up. “Lady,” someone says. Your thoughts were interrupted by the bus driver, “Are you coming or what?”

“No, sorry,” you reply.

You watch the bus drive away before looking at Niall. But once you do, you can see hope in his eyes. “I’m so sorry, (Y/N),” he says, walking closer to you, “I can make this better.” You smile and say, “I know you can.” He smiles back at you and kisses your pink lips.