~Chapter Two~

A/N Trigger warning for mentions of alcoholism.

I came to in darkness. After rolling over in bed and checking the time, I groaned. Ugh. No dinner and we were leaving in five hours. Still hadn't packed. I finally found the motivation to get out of bed. I found my bag by the wall with a note.

Packed for you. Let me know if you feel anything. I promise I'll be there tomorrow. If you are reading this it must mean you are awake. If we have two more hours, wake me up!

-Robert xoxo

I smiled and went back to bed, setting an alarm for two hours before we had to leave. If we don't wake up, my mom will worry. And since she's about four months pregnant, I don't want her to worry. On top of normal pregnancy hormones, she has an alcoholic for a husband, and a daughter to worry about. I pushed those thoughts aside. Time to sleep.

I woke up to my alarm and went to Robert's room. He was asleep. I felt guilty waking him up, but he said to wake him up. Wake him up I will do! After debating for a bit, I decided to try talking and then decide from there. I snuck up to him. "Wakey wakey!" I exclaimed. Luckily, that worked.

"It's so early," he groaned.

"We have family dinner," I reminded him.

"Yes! We need to get to that!" He reminded himself. I got ready and made breakfast.

"Who's driving on the way?" I asked.

"You. I'm driving back," he reminded me.

"'Kay. So, let's head on in an hour or sooner if we can," I said. We situated everything and left half an hour early. "Can you call my mum and put her on speaker?" I asked Robert, keeping my eyes on the road.

"I got it," he said, calling her. The weirdly comforting ringing filled the car.

"Hello?" My mum said.

"Mum! I just wanted to let you know that we are heading over," I said.

"Okay. Remember to keep your eyes on the road and not dance to the music you listen to. I know you want to," she said. I could hear her smile.

"Well, I am still a ways away, so I'll call you when we are almost there!" I exclaimed.

"Goodbye you two troublemakers," my mum said, before hanging up.

"Okay, so Potters or what else?" Robert asked.

"I don't care. Actually, no Potters," I said.

"Okay, so let's go the non-Potters playlist," Robert said, playing the music. I Wanna Be was the first one.

"All of your life, you've had your head stuck, up in the gaseous atmosphere," we sang together, not caring how we sounded. There was a slight buzz from my phone. I was about to ask Robert to read the incoming text, but he got a phone call. He paused the music and picked up.

"Hello." "Yes, it's me." "You're kidding." "Tonight?!" "Probably. Nine here time." "Yes. See you then." He hung up.

"Who was it?" I asked, my curiosity peaked.

"Brian Holden," he responded.

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"Starkid is doing a new project and they want me to audition via Skype tonight," he said.

"That's so cool," I said. We put the music back on. "Wait, can you check the text I got?"

"Yeah," he said. I saw him pale a bit.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Pull over," he said. I obeyed him and he looked at me. "Your DNA found a match. In America. More specifically, roots in Michigan, currently in LA."

"What?" I asked, still in disbelief and confused.

"He's coming over here next week. His name, it's..."

Disclaimer: I only own Luna and the plot line.

OOOO, cliffhanger. The first of many. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I could be working on my English essay, but about half of it is done, so I'll do the other half tomorrow and proofread and finish on Saturday or Sunday. Have a great time 'till I see you next!!!

--Luna :D