Chapter 1 : There's no going back...

It was a quiet morning on the beach, the waves silently crashing on the shore, and the crickets' chirping ceased. It was a perfect morning for a trot on the beach. But why just a morning run when I can play in the sand? I trotted out of my little shelter and sat down on the white sand. I wrote my name in capital letters "DAWN". I collected shells and started my morning run.

"Dawn, nothing can possibly ruin this day," I said to myself. This is my 5,000th day without any issues streak. As I finished my morning run, I noticed huge dark clouds starting to move in. I began to worry a bit, then remembered that I am an alicorn, and that I could simply clear the sky myself.

The clouds were a dark shade of grey, and I knew it might be a storm. I quicky flew up in the sky and kicked the cloud hard. *POMF* nothing happened. I kicked it again, but harder. I was struck by lightning and fell into the water. I swam up and heard the thunder clap loudly. I quickly swam to shore and galloped inside my little shelter. My grey wings were soaked, so I couldn't fly for an hour.

I sat through the storm for half an hour and remembered I left my sea shells on the shore. I took a small peek outside of my shelter then *WHOOSH* my door went flying into the storm. I knew I was doomed if I didn't evacuate my home. I grabbed my things, slipped on a protective cloak and galloped outside before my home and I was sucked into the storm and destroyed in mid-air.

I cried as I galloped into the muddy rainforest. I thought about the sea creatures I was abandoning, and where would I live from now on. Then I snapped out of it when a large chunk of mud splashed on my face. I stopped in my tracks when I saw a small cave. "I guess this will be my new home from now on, at least it's not far from my old one," I mumbled to myself.

I trotted inside and sat on the cold stone floor. I heard crawling, but I was used to the sound of insects crawling around in my old home. I felt something crawl onto my hoof. I looked at my leg and saw a large spider that's about the size of my face, about to bite my leg. I jumped on all fours and squealed in fright. I saw a group of spiders crawling towards me, and the large spider that almost bit me was crawling towards me too.

I ran out of the spider infested cave and ran deeper into the rainforest. The strong winds blew in my face. It was raining so hard that the rain drops felt like dull needles. As I galloped away from the cave, I wished that I made peace with the hostile spiders. I saw more caves in different sizes. One of them could've been a nice shelter, but because of the spider incident, I decided to avoid them at all costs. I was exhausted but where would I temporarily rest? I had to keep running.

I lost track of how far I ran, I didn't even regonize the land I was in now. I ran for 5 hours straight with only 5 minute breaks to catch my breath. My hooves were now dry with mud and I bet my face looked hideous. The rain was gone but I was still in a rainforest. I took out my mirror from my little bag using my magic and boy, I was right, my face did look quite hideous, I didn't even look like a mare. My face was covered in a thin layer of mud, leaves and twigs stuck to my cheeks and pebbles were sprinkled all around on my face. I needed to rinse myself really bad.

I saw some towering mountains around me, and decided to fly up in the peak for a view. I dashed to the top and looked in horror. the beach I previously lived in was quite a long distance. I saw broken palm trees and a tiny pile of rubbish, which could've been my previous home. It looked like the winds picked it up and smashed it and the crashing waves made it worse. "There's no going back Dawn, there's no going back..." I whispered to myself.