Chapter 1

Because she helped me get over most of my fears about posting stories on here! So to you THANKS!

This story is about a girl that’s thirteen and in college and her struggles with being herself and falling in love for the first time, with her best friend who is a vampire!

Gio's POV

Life can be really hard when you discover that you are in love with your best friend. Harder still when you are thirteen and a freshman in college, but to complicate that even further your besty is a nineteen year old in limbo. He is not in high school or college and has no job. His name is Gabriel Dillins.

I first met Gabriel when I was six. I had been chased by a bunch of sixth grader bullies. They thought that I was some kind of freak because I was only six when they were twelve and we were in the same grade. I had run into this old creepy graveyard. It had been declared a historical landmark and was no longer used. It was an octagonal shaped place with a metal fence that surrounded it. However there was a small section where little ole me could barely squeeze through and escape.

I ran all the way to the center of the graveyard before I collapsed from exhaustion. I had been kneeling on my hands and knees gasping for air when I realized there was a boy sitting to my right. He had been sitting facing the gravestone one of his ancestors but had turned to watch me as I got closer. In fear I whipped away from him, thinking that he was one of the bullies; but the action was too quick for my exhausted body to handle and I ended up falling onto my side in pain as my left arm was pinned underneath me. I stuttered as I begged him not to hurt me.

He simply looked confused until he heard one or more of the bullies. “Easy kid I’m not one of them.’ At this point he pulls out a small flashlight and turns it on. ‘Hey aren’t you that really smart kid in pod A?”

There are eight pods for the sixth grade. Each pod holds a certain number of students; each pod determines the level of grade point averages a student or students have. Pod A is for the high honors class, pod B is for the honors class, etc. He was in pod B I realized as I got a better look at his face.

“Y-yeah. I am G-Gio Calebs. A-are you Gabriel D-Dillins?”

“Yes that’s me.’ Gabriel nodded towards the voices. ‘Are they harassing you?”

Instead of answering I simply nodded. He got up and moved over to me. Carefully he lifted me up until I was on my knees. Gabriel than moved to inspect my left arm. Apparently it had gotten cut on a small gravestone’s edge when I had collapsed. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a Neosporin spray and a Band-Aid. Once he had patched up the cut on my arm he stood up.

“Can you walk…or do you need me to carry you?”

I slowly went to stand only to fall. If not for him I would have cracked my head on the gravestone. He had reached out to grab me, swiftly sweeping me up into his arms. After that he took me home.

From then on we were practically glued at the hip. Gabriel watched over me like a guardian angel. Walking me to and from school, eating lunch with me, hanging out at both school and home; as well as kicking the butt off anyone who sought to harm me.

Everything changed in the summer before my freshman year in college. Gabriel had been acting a tad weird for awhile before school ended till at last he asked me if I could keep a secret and for me to NEVER EVER tell anyone. Of course I said yes. So he took me down to our usual hangout, an old run-down cabin on the back of his (EXTREMELY) rich parent’s property. Once we had gotten comfortable (heh me at least) he asked me to close my eyes. I snorted with derision but curiosity won out so I did.

I felt him gently pull me closer to him and I couldn’t help but think that he was going to kiss me. Like in one of those cheesy yet make you love them movies. But he didn’t, instead I felt his hot breath fan across my neck. What is he doing there? Is he gonna give me a hicky?

That is when my heart started to race. As tempted as I was to peek, I squeezed my eyes shut tighter. I felt the barest touch of his lips on my neck and felt him chuckle. “W-what’s so f-funny!?” I demanded breathless.

“I can feel your heart beating erratically and fast. Are you nervous?” But before I could answer a gasp of pain and pleasure ripped between my lips as two sharp pricks pressed into my neck. Then his lips closed over the small puncture wounds and he began to suck. I could feel my blood rush to Gabriel’s awaiting mouth. His tongue was softly caressing my neck encouraging the blood flow. I let out a small whimper as his arms wrap tightly around my slender body and pull me securely against his much more masculine frame.

He emits a very bestial growl and deepens the bite. I start to pant as I feel something hot began to form deep between us. A small explosion like fireworks goes off in my brain. Then I heard the most musical and wondrous sound in my life as he speaks telepathically. I don’t think this had ever happened to him before, our telepathic link that is, because I could feel his shock and pleasure and fear. But mostly I could feel a very strong sense of possessiveness when he thought of me.

Needless to say afterwards when we separated and I went home, things were a tad awkward till I was mentally able to handle it; about two weeks later. I decided I didn’t care if Gabriel was a vampire; he was still and always would be my best friend. At the time I ignored the strange fluttering of my heart.

The rest of the summer had been spent hanging out with him and going on vacation with my spaztastic mom and dad. There was one highlight of that time and that was when my mom had been browsing amongst the little street vendors in a small town in Jamaica, and bought a small bag of ‘organic’ brownies.

The insuing stupidity was beyond hilarious. She was so high from them that she near about (or so it seems to me) ate out all of the vendors! Combine that with her cheerleader like mind and then you get.

“Give me a…” As my mother proceeds to chant in the middle of the street. My dad and I standing there with our jaws practically dragging on the ground unable to move from the spot. We wanted to stop her but it was impossible. Every time we tried she would just shoo us away and go right back to ‘organically’ cheering…

Luckily for me, Gabriel had his own vacation with his parents so at least he wasn’t there to witness my humiliation. His mom and dad had decided to go on a twenty day trip to Asia and was observing and learning the proper way to live according to the traditionalist of China. If only I could have seen him in a yakota.

A/N if that is not how that is spelled or the right word for that form of outfit please forgive my stupidity.

I’m sure he would have looked great in one. As it was I was stuck having to watch my batty mom cheering while high…come to think about it. “Go Mom Go!!!”

Might as well join in, doesn’t look like she will be stopping anytime soon anyways. (heh) My dad’s head snapped to me when I said that with a look of sheer horror. (yup dad your little girl has gone nuts!!!)

However as much fun as the vacations were, they had to end. My family and I finally came back home and began to prepare me for college. Buying all the necessities and stuff, plus getting me set up with whatever I’ll need to live in the dorm. My only problem is that between now and college starting I won’t be able to see Gabriel.

A/N Well that is all for this book for now. I will be uploading to it soon considering I have it written on paper at home. But my fingers ache so I’m done for now. Comment and Vote! Lots of love, Esther. J