Introduction by Jan Oda

OTHER SIDES: 12 WEBFICTION TALES

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California 94105, USA. Published by Ergofiction Magazine http://ergofiction.com || Supported by Novelr http://novelr.com

* * *

INTRODUCTION BY JAN ODA

We're living in exciting times. The dwindling of print publishing, the rise of ebooks, apps and tablets - it is said that the digital revolution will have a bigger impact than the invention of the printing press. I'm not sure if this is true - if e-publishing will make a change in how stories are told from now on.

What I do know is that I am part of a community which has been experimenting with one of the older digital inventions, a community which has been telling tales online. The internet is a marvellous place of discovery, communication and socializing, and when you mix that with fiction, sometimes unexpected beauty arises.

I'm proud to present you with twelve authors who've built worlds in their own little corner of the internet, who've woven stories for and with their audience. Some of them have published in more experimental ways than others, some depend on reader interaction, others simply like to share their fabrications. But all are tellers of tales, small and large.

The internet is a big place, and it can be quite a hassle to find what you are looking for. I hope that by stumbling on this small collection, you'll enjoy the opportunity to sample some of their work, and maybe you'll be tempted to pay a visit to their worlds.

Sincerely,

Jan Oda

Chief Editor, Ergofiction Magazine

* * *

ABOUT OTHER SIDES

This short story collection was brought to you by Ergofiction Magazine (www.ergofiction.com), an ezine for readers and fans of webfiction. Established in December 2009, Ergofiction showcases the impressive depth and breadth of online fiction. The ezine is dedicated to supporting the Free Culture movement, patronage of independent authors and literacy worldwide, because a world without stories is no world at all.