introduction

shorts

sweatshirt

bathing suit

bras

underwears

flip flops

converse

toothbrush

toothpaste

jeans

t-shirts and blouses

hairbrush

towel

hair straightener

hair curler

jewelry

nail polish and nail polish remover

pajamas

slippers

makeup

makeup remover

shampoo and conditioner

headphones

-

I sigh, my face frowning in concentration as I make sure my overstuffed large white suitcase has all of the necessities I needed to survive 9 menacing weeks of camp. "...makeup, check, headphones, check, and done." I say aloud.

"Maia, come down, it's almost time to go!"

I roll my eyes in annoyance, still infuriated with my father because he chose to take my step-mother and half-brother on a relaxing long vacation to Hawaii while leaving me in a crappy sleep away camp.

"I'm coming," I groan in annoyance. I zip up the huge suitcase, grab my cellphone and attempt to lug the suitcase down the stairs, which of course I have to do without help, while my father is probably way too busy eating breakfast with his family; my father, Ella (my step-mother), and their 6 year-old son Aidan will never be considered to be my family.

I stroll into the kitchen, grabbing an apple from the colorful bowl full of fruit, and sit at the small dining table, which is actually only seated for 3, but since Ella was making coffee for my dad, I had a chair open to me.

"Morning dad." I say, ignoring Ella and Aidan.

"Morning, Maia," he replies, not looking up from the newspaper, "Eat that apple fast, we have a taxi driving you to the airport, you have a 5 and half hour plane ride, and then from there a bus will be taking you to Camp Lee."

"...Okay...Um bye have a nice trip in Hawaii...Love you..." I say, picking at my nails and standing at the kitchen's doorframe.

"Maia! Hurry up you don't want to miss the flight!" He ushered me out the kitchen and to the stairs. I pick up the damn white suitcase and take it downstairs by myself (again) and walk to the taxi, hurt that my own dad basically didn't even want me in the house. Thankfully, I only have a year until I can get my own place. I put my headphones in, zoning out to Troye Sivan's playlist on Spotify.