Late Night Dining

Rate : PG 13

It was in the middle of the night when Shenwei woke up. His hand automatically extended towards the space beside him but winced when he found that it was cold and empty. No sign of a person who always slept next to him. Before long, he heard series of loud bangs like something hit the floor hardly from outside of the bedroom.

The professor's heart pounded fiercely. He almost flew to the source of those noises but abruptly stopped at the entrance of thd kitchen when he saw a slim figure standing near the kitchen's counter. Perplexed expression appeared on that handsome face.

"Yunlan! What happened?"
Just then, his beautiful eyes caught a sight of poor kitchen utensils scattering on the marble floor. Some brown looking burned sauce poured out from the fallen pot along with some strange smelling ingredients beyond human imagination.

"What are you doing, love?"
Shenwei asked, face full of concern and rushed into the kitchen. He pulled Zhao into his embrace and carefully examined his lover's hands, checking and making sure that his lover got no injuries. The Ghost Slayer grabbed a clean cloth to wipe out the brown sauce on Zhao Yunlan's nose.

Chief Zhao of SID only laughed softly and tried to   Get the cloth to wipe off the stains by himself.

"Sorry babe, er... did I wake you up?"

"Yunlan, what are you thinking? What are you doing in the kitchen this late?"

Since the wars ended, they have peacefully moved into this new home but Zhao Yunlan had never stepped into this area, except for drinking water.

"I .... oh! I am a bit hungry so I thought I would cook something to fill up my poor stomach", Chief Zhao answered with a lame excuse (^◇^;). Surely he was hiding something but Shenwei really believed him, never doubt his lover.

"You are hungry? Why didn't you wake me up? What would happen if you hurt yourself boiling some water?"

Shenwei was clearly unhappy. He glanced at the weird shapes of chopped vegetables and some leftover which might be a king of onion in its past live.

The more he saw the disaster, the more anger rushed up in his heart. He furiously hit the nearby metal pole causing a loud "clang!"

"Xiaowei, please don't be mad..."
Zhao Yunlan tried to calm his lover, gently pulling the professor's blue striped pajama which matched to his.

Actually Shenwei has never been  able to stay angry to Zhao Yunlan for long. Even if something went wrong and the slim man accidentally bombarded the Dixing's court which would be one of the causes of volcanic eruptions on Haixing. The Ghost Slayer would say it was just a minor accident and everything can be solved with his power.

Shenwei sighed softly.

"Tell me what would you like to eat then...I will cook for you"

His voice was full of love and care but his action only made Zhao frowned.

Squeezing the cloth in his hands for quite some time, Chief Zhao finally confessed the truth to the still waiting Shenwei.

"It just.. tomorrow we will go for a picnic right? I want to surprise you with my new recipe, Zhao Yunlan's extraordinary curry. It just came to my mind this evening"

Upon hearing the hidden plan, the fearless Ghost Slayer froze Σ(゚д゚lll)His memory went back to the day when he woke up at Zhao Yunlan's dog lair ... former apartment when Chief Zhao tried to show his generosity and treated him like a perfect host. Yunlan prepared a variety of instant noodles for Shenwei ... what were they? Oh yes, Bacon cream noodles boiled in hot coffee ... or was it hot milk?... ah and there was one with knobbed butter. Never mind, the professor tried not to take his mind back to that superficial experience.

Shenwei made a sudden decision and leveled up his smiles, making sure his smile was more brightly and beautifully. He took hold of Zhao's hand. ('∀`*)

"Yunlan, you don't need to think too much. Your body is already exhausted from long day investigation and chasing the criminals. Just take a rest, let me take care of our picnic meal. I will prepare your favorite dishes"

Chief Zhao was still hesitated.

"But..."

"How about this then? Why don't you help me prepare food for Daqing? Lately he has been complaining and mumbling how we have neglected him"

"Is that so? Okay, I will prepare cat food for him with all new flavors (//∇//)"

The professor quickly nodded seeing that his lover had been cheered up. Zhao Yunlan smiled lovingly and bent over to give a gentle kiss on Shen's cheek. He hummed a song while opening the cupboard to take out cat food for his fat cat.

Shenwei affectionately watched his lover ... secretly thinking.

"Kunlun... I have been waiting for you for 10,000 years ... I will protect you from harm even from yourself"

In fact he wouldn't mind globing down Zhao's food since it was made of Yunlan's love (● ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾ . The thing was he couldn't bear to see Zhao Yunlan poisoning himself to death. They already overcame too much tragedies.

The Ghost Slayer was still deep in his thoughts while starting cleaning up the kitchen.