Wrong Place Wrong Time - Book To Movie

Hi, thanks for dropping by

Wrong Place Wrong Time is a true story and is a #1 Amazon BESTSELLER. The book is being adapted into a movie by Golden Mile Productions and No Reservations. The screenplay has been written by two TOP UK screenwriters, Carol Ann and Aileen Docherty. 

Watch this space for further announcements with news of the director and cast. 

Below are the first three chapters.

Enjoy.  

BLOW

One minute, maybe even less, was all it took for my life to be turned completely upside down.

The result was positive.

A few hours earlier I'd been at work sitting behind my cluttered wooden desk at the estate agents I worked for in London, blissfully unaware of how my pretty ordinary day would come to such a catastrophic end.

For the majority of the day I'd been liaising with various clients, but more specifically trying to clinch a sale on a substantial property in the West End. The potential buyer, an arrogant prick with more money than sense, was being particularly difficult, demanding that various items be left in the house before he'd commit to buy. So when the phone rang for the umpteenth time that day and he requested that the hallway mirror be a part of the sale, I almost felt like buying him one myself, just to get the deal in the bag. On reflection, it had been a week of stupid, unnecessary negotiations and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. I called the seller, a middle-aged soon-to-be divorcée, and told her the news.

"He wants the hallway mirror."

"Oh, does he now?"

"Yes he does." I followed with the same irony. "And if he gets the mirror it's a done deal, Mrs Evans."

I shifted in my chair and threw some letters into my out tray. I could hear her on the end of the phone taking a long drag from her cigarette. I could almost smell the smoke weaving its way down the line as she pondered the proposition. A part of me knew she was enjoying this; enjoying the control. There were moments throughout the week when I actually thought she had no intention of selling at all and was just relishing the attention I was giving her. I'd seen it all before and couldn't help but wonder what kind of a wanker she'd been married to.

"It's just a mirror," I told her, opening the drawer and removing her file from its slot.

"But a rather nice one, don't you think?" I could hear her inhale another shot of her cigarette and I clenched my fist, willing it to be over.

"I guess it depends who's looking into it." I flipped through the paperwork, found the prick's phone number and keyed it into the phone. "I think a mirror is only as beautiful as its beholder."

She chuckled, but said nothing.

"He has another appointment with us tomorrow, a similar property just around the corner from you actually and slightly cheaper too." I tapped my fingers on the desk, knowing I'd just told a fib. Justin, my colleague was nearly out the door as he tossed his coat over his shoulder. "Mrs Evans," I said, rolling my eyes at him, "I really need to give him your decision now. If you lose him it could take ages before you......"