Chapter 6

Alison POV

"You want me to wear this to a club?" I asked Sami in shock, pointing out the very revealing, see-through, skintight dress she was holding out, with a smug look on her face. There was no way I was wearing that to the club. It barely reached my thighs and had a dangerously low neckline that left little to the imagination.

'I would look hideous' I scoffed at the thought.

"Of course! What is wrong with this?" She replied in a "duh" tone.

"No way!" I stated firmly. "I would look like a slut." I am extremely uncomfortable with wearing such revealing clothes. I might get mistaken for a stripper or worse if I wore this dress.

"No, you'll look sexy!" She teased.

"Not interested in getting offers to be a stripper, thanks," I retorted with annoyance in my voice.

Why did I agree to let her choose my outfit for our night out at the club? This is going to end badly. I don't want anyone mistaking me for something I'm not. Ugh, why did I even say yes to going there? She better not be serious about this. Definitely not how I planned on losing my V-card tonight as this will invite all the unwanted attention towards me.

"Come on, Ally, calm down, I was just kidding with you. I know you would never wear this dress in public," she said while wrapping her arm around my neck. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Then again, I don't think you would have any problem wearing this in front of Mr. Knight," she added with a wink. I frowned, trying my best to look resentful–yet my heart began to race at an incredible speed.

"Why do you have to bring Mr. Knight into this conversation?" I asked, clearly annoyed. She's been teasing me about him since yesterday, insisting that we both like each other and will be together in the future. Even married. She was rambling on and on - it was ridiculous.

"Because you clearly like him. That's why you keep asking me questions about him. Non-stop," she taunted.

"Just because I've asked you some questions about him doesn't mean I have any romantic intentions towards Mr. Knight. I will be his new personal assistant and I want to get to know him better for professional reasons. So I don't screw my job over." I explained, hoping to convince her (and myself) that I wasn't interested in Mr. Knight like that.

I'm definitely not romanticizing about Mr. Knight. Am I? "Yes, you are!" My subconscious mocked me, but I brushed off the thought. No, I'm Not.

"Asking about someone's love affairs is not relevant to work," she smirked knowingly. She needed to stop before I actually fell for Mr. Knight, which was something I didn't want to do even in my wildest dreams.

"I only asked because I needed to understand his character," I quickly replied, hoping it sounded logical. She pinched my cheeks and hummed.

I turned my head away, trying to hide the rosy colour that had spread across my cheeks. My heart was racing a million miles per hour. Why did Mr Grinch have this effect on me? I couldn't possibly develop feelings for a heartless heartbreaker. 'No, Ally you hate him! He insulted you in front of everyone and treated you like garbage.' I tell myself, but Sami's teasing made me question my own emotions.

"Then why do you blush every time his name is mentioned?" She challenged me, making my head feel like it was going to explode.

"Look, Sami, if you don't stop talking about him now, I will leave!" I threatened.

"Okay, okay, sorry! Let's find you a gorgeous dress to wear. I can't let you wear one of your old ones or they'll mistake you for a nun and kick us both out," she said dramatically. As she turned her attention back to the dresses on display.