part one

I lifted my eyes to the dark sky as the rain fell down all over me. I smiled at the curiosity. This day couldn't be better. Note the sarcasm. First, I was late for work, because my stupid alarm clock didn't work, then my boss wasn't in the greatest mood and he let everything out at me. My co workers never really liked me anyways and today it seemed like they put all the hate out. I was tired all day long, because I didn't get much sleep. Thanks to my dog. Sandy kept me awake, because of the storm and she was really scared. I always thought that it was cute, but last night it really wasn't cute at all. Speaking of storms, i think tonight we can wait for another one. It has been raining all week. Don't get me wrong, I love rain. I love the smell of it, I love the sound of it, I love watching rain pouring out of the sky. But it's too much these days, when you don't have a car and have to walk home with your heels.

I turned the corner and sighed in relief. At least my apartment wasn't that far away anymore. All I wanted right now was to curl under my bed sheets and sleep. I felt really tired and I needed to get some sleep or tomorrow I won't be able to get out of bed.

I walked up the stairs and inside the building, I said quick 'hello' to my neighbour Mrs. Gordon. She was this old lovely lady, and she lived a few floors under me. Thank god, elevator was working and I didn't had take the stairs. I clicked the button which said "4" and waited for the elevator to take me to my floor. Which didn't took too long.

I pulled my keys out of my coats pocket and opened the door of my apartment. I smiled at Sandy as she started jumping and licking my arms and face. I giggled and walked into the living room, Sandy following right behind me.

Sandy was a golden retriever. I got her from my mom, right before I moved away from hers on my own. She said that I need someone, so i wouldn't feel lonely. At first, I didn't liked the idea of keeping a dog, because new apartment and new job was already something I had to look after and keeping a dog wasn't the greatest thing at that moment. But my mom didn't wanted to hear anything and she got me Sandy one week before I moved out. I fell in love with her immediately. She was so small and cute. Now she is all grown up and if she keeps growing, she soon might be taller then me, knowing that I'm only 5'2 feet tall.

I took off my heels and coat and started making my way to my bedroom. I changed my wet and not that comfortable work clothes to some dry and comfortable once. It was just some sweet pants and a shirt. Just what I needed to get all comfy after a long day at work. After that I walked to the kitchen and poured myself some water into the glass.

My eyes met Sandy's and I smiled at her. I put my glass on the counter and sat on the ground right beside her. "Are you hungry, baby girl?" I asked her, as if she could answer me. She just licked my face and barked. I giggled to myself and turned to the side. I opened one of the many cabinets and pulled some dog food. I poured some food into her eating bowl and watched for a few seconds as she started eating.

I stood up and walked to the fridge. I felt how hungry I was. It's not a surprise. I had been working all day long almost without any breaks. I wasn't really satisfied with my job, but honestly I couldn't ask for anything better right now. I was a secretory in this huge company. My boss is an asshole, but at least I get some money to be able to keep this apartment all by myself.

I looked around the fridge, finally pulling out some yogurt. I need to go grocery shopping. There are not much food in my fridge at the moment. I turned around and settled my elbows on the counter. I started eating the yogurt.

It was always silent at my apartment, knowing the fact that it was only me and Sandy. My friends says that I should get a room mate, but I'm not sure about it. Right now I'm able to live by myself. Maybe in the future I'll think about it. Anyways, who would like to live with a girl, that almost always works and never really goes anywhere else except work? Not a lot, right?

I looked over at Sandy as I heard a loud thunder outside. She immediately ran up to me and just sat on the ground beside me, trying to hid her face from the thunder into my sweet pants. I heart some squealing sounds coming from her. I smiled to myself, finished my yogurt and started making my way to the living room. I sat on the couch, soon joined by Sandy. She cuddled into my side and hid her face under the blanket. "Shh... It's alright, baby girl. It's just a thunder" I said, as another one echoed through the apartment.

At least, tomorrow was the weekend and I didn't had work. But in other hand, I had to go meet my mom. I don't have anything against meeting her, but she always asked a lot of questions about my life. My personal life. And i didn't really liked sharing all the answers with her.

I looked over at Sandy. The thunder was over and she was already asleep. I stood up from the couch, carefully not to wake Sandy up. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I checked my phone. It said 12:02am. I yawned loudly and made my way to the bedroom. I changed my clothes again, this time choosing something comfortable to sleep in, which was some old shirt that I found in my closet.

I went to my bedside table and made sure my alarm clock is gonna work in the morning this time. I fell on my bed with my face facing the ceiling. I laid for a few minutes and then curled under the blankets. My eyelids started to close and soon after i felt myself drifting off to sleep.

-

hello! i decided to start writing this. idk if this gonna work, i tried writing earlier, but it wasn't working, but i love writing so i just wanted to start again so here i am

that mad no sense lol

anyways, it's not much and it's a little bit confusing and all but i think i can make it better?

i'm sorry if there are mistakes tho

i hope you enjoy!