Me Boo and the Girl

Hope you enjoy the story Vote,Comment and become a Fan! 

=======================================================

Chapter One

Me n Boo had been on the road for several days,on the trail of a killer,a monster really,one of the Undead,a Vampyra. 

I looked across the truck seat to where Boo sat,tongue hanging out,head out window,tongue and ears flapping in the wind. As far as Boo was concerned the world was good,nothing he enjoyed more than to be in a vehicle with the window down and his head out,loving the blast of wind in his face,sniffing all the aromas as they traveled around. Boo looked around at me and I swear the dog grinned,I had to laugh causing Boo to step across the seat and proceed to wash my face with his big wet tongue. He tried to ease onto my lap,all 80 pounds of him and I laughed as I pushed him back onto the seat next to me. 

"Come on Boo we can't both drive at the same time,besides if you wanna drive you gotta get a license first.....Then maybe I'll let you try."

He talked to Boo just like he was a human and it seemed as if the dog understood every word he said. In actuality,Boo,understood more than the man could ever imagine. At times when he would be talking to Boo to help pass the time,the dog would sit there looking at him with one ear cocked towards him and at times the dog would nod his head in understanding.... sometimes grunting in agreement or making growling sounds in reply. He had decided that Boo was a highly intelligent labrador. Boo made a excellent traveling companion,a good friend a protector and the dog just plain made him laugh.

Boo and I had been together about six months. Boo had saved my life.

Chapter Two

Six months earlier

I was a cop and I was on the trail of a serial killer. This killer was some kind of a monster,he attacked his victims and transported them to some nearby hide away and proceeded to torture his victims,once tired of the torture games the killer would puncture their jugular vain and let the victum slowly bleed to death at times the killer would drink some of the victums blood as if to nourish himself.

Some how the killer learned of me trying to track him down so he set a trap for me. 

I came home late one night,tired from working leads for the last twenty hours. I entered my Apartment,closed the door and walked down the dark hall towards the living room. As I passed a room I used as a office I sensed movement in the darkness. Before I could react a dark shape flowed out of the darkness and struck me across the head with a chunk of pipe,knocking me out. 

I was shocked awake by a bucket of cold water being tossed on me.I relized I was duct taped to a chair. Several wraps around my torso,several around my legs and a strip tightly pressed across my mouth. I shook my head..trying to shake the cobwebs from my mind and focused on clearing my eyes to look around but the way my head was taped I could only look forward. I blinked my eyes to clear my vision and relized that another person was in a chair several feet away and bound just as I was. 

We both made grunting muffled noises at each other .....then saw her look past me as her eyes widened with fear. 

And a voice spoke from behind me.... 

"Do you like the present I brought for you,Detective?" 

I struggled to turn my head trying to get a glimpse of who had spoke but was unable to turn my head at all. 

Suddenly I felt a presence behind me and jumped when the killer spoke just a few inches from my ear.....Startled that he had moved so close without me hearing him. His breath was rank...smelling of rotten meat.