chapter 1

Peyton

"Welcome to Ashville, home of the wolves!" The women seemed very cheery. Almost to cheery, it was honestly giving me a headache. My mother looked at the women with a big nice smile and nodded. "Thank you for the tour but we must be heading to the new house to start unpacking" 

Thank god...I was tired of walking around in this sorry town. Everything was gloomy and the people here were weird. If they weren't extra cheery they were extra gloomy or rude looking. 

"Mom, why did we have to move here?" I asked annoyed. She rolled her eyes for 7th time. "Same answer as the other 6 times you asked me. Your father got a new job and we had to move here so he could go to work. It makes good money and it is worth it. You just need to get used to the place...that's all." 

Her voice didn't sound as cheery as her words and I am sure she was trying to convince herself just as much as she was trying to convince me. I shrugged my shoulders and opened the passenger side door. I get what she was trying to convince me I just didn't like that I had to leave my old life where I had my old friends. 

And just to move to this place?! so gloomy.  So i get out of the car and start bringing boxes up to my room and i open the door and see a little doll siting in the far left corner of the room so i call my mom up stairs and i turn around and the doll is GONE!!

So that i go to my bed and fall asleep. 2 HOURS LATER... i wake up and go down stairs to get a cup of water and see the doll siting on the table!! I stare at the doll for a few minutes but nothing happens. 

"Mom?" I call out. No answer, I realize she probably went to meet my dad at the airport...which means I am all alone in this house with...a doll?

A weird one...

I walk out the kitchen and go back to my room. being near that...thing freaks me out. When I open the door I look around and realize most of my stuff has been unpacked. Did mom unpack some stuff for me?

I start rummaging through the rest of the unopened boxes and start taking stuff out. so i had something to do till my mom got home.  i waited and waited.... then i turned on the TV and watched some news and then i saw my mom on the TV saying my dad has gone MISSING!!

an hour later my mom comes home and i run up to her and give her a big hug an i start crying and so does my mom. then we go to bed. 6 HOURS LATER...  9:00 am and i get up and sit on the couch and just watch what their saying about my dad about where he went and what might have happened to him??

So my mom gets up and looks at me an asked "do you want to go to school today?" I respond "no" and she says "ok". So she comes and sits with me on the couch and looks at me and says "do you have any questions?" I say "I have a lot of questions!"