The Big Bang

"I hope it doesn't rain," said Abigail, "That would really suck, especially because I left my umbrella behind!"

"Stop being such a Debbie downer! We're at San Diego Comic Con! Besides, this is California. It never rains here," replied Zoey.

"Seriously, Abigail, you shouldn't have come if you didn't want to!" joked Laura.

Zoey, Abigail, and Laura had managed to get tickets to the San Diego Comic Con and were excited for a day of geeky and nerdy awesomeness.

"I can't wait to see Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch!" Zoey giggled.

"You and your obsession with Sherlock," jabbed Laura,"Seriously it's like you believe the world revolves around that show! Personally I'm with Abigail; The Doctor is the only reason why the entire universe hasn't broken into all out war."

"And you can never forget about good old J.K.," Abigail said, quoting the Doctor.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash and the lights flickered.

"Holy chicken fingers! I knew it was going to rain! Great," grumbled Abigail.

"That's really strange. Whatever, we've got all day for the rain to clear out," replied Zoey

"There's a 30% chance it's already raining," Abigail said in a dreamy voice. Laura laughed at the movie reference.

The three girls stared around the huge convention center. Abigail stood on her tiptoes to see over the heads of the many adults flooding the room.

"Uhh. Can't. See." She mumbled.

"Cause you're so short." Laura replied teasingly.

"Well, for your information, I'm now 5 Feet 4 and ¼ inches, and a month ago I was only 5 feet 3 and ½ inches, so gotch ya on that one." Laura laughed.

"You're still short." Zoey said. Abigail promptly glared at her.

There was a horendous clap of thunder, followed by a bang and the lights flickered again.

The girls spun around.

"What was that bang?" Zoey asked.

"Look, theres metal gates over the doors!" Laura exclaimed.

They were just inside the entrance hall, yet they seemed to be trapped inside the gigantuon convention center. A voice came over the loudspeakers

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please do not panic. The thunderstorm outside seems to have triggered a security glitch, but the doors will be operating fine again soon" Zoey took a strand of her long, black hair and started twisting it nervously. Finally she said, "At least were stuck at Comic Con, it could be a lot worse."

But despite what the voice on the loudspeaker said, people were showing signs of nervousnes. Groups were silently whispering among themselves, and some of the younger kids were crying.

"What ever, so we're locked in," Laura said "We can still have fun at Comic Con."

"Yeah." Zoey added. "I mean, how many people are lucky enough to get tickets to the San Diego Comic Con." Abigail nodded.

"Lets go," she said. The three squeezed through the crowd to the mass array of shopping stands. There were stands representing every fandom anyone could ever think of, from My Little Pony to The Big Bang theory. Laura spotted a t-shirt tower and walked over to it, the others close behind.

"Wow," Abigail gasped. The stand shot high into the air, and was covered with tons of different shirts. Zoey pointed to one high up on the tower. It was a Sherlock one, sporting the faces of Serlock, John, Moriarty, and other characters.

"I'm wearing that one!" she said excitedly. There was yet another clap of thunder, this one louder than the rest. The lights flickered and then went out. Suddenly their was a high pitched buzzing noise, then everything went dead silent.