Your Reason To Be {Niall Horan}

{{Julia’s POV}}

I felt my face get hot as I saw him walking down the hallway.  I quickly opened my locker and pretended to be busy gathering my books.  All of a sudden I felt someone behind me.  My heart stopped at the thought that it could be him.  I quickly turned to find it was just my best friend.  I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Niki you scared me so bad.” I breathed.  She laughed at me and shook her head.  She pulled on her hair tie, letting down her hair and whipping it into my face.

“You totally did that on purpose!” I laughed, playfully pushing her away.  She shrugged.  I saw him walk past us and he smiled at me and half-waved and kept walking.  I nearly died right then and there.

“Just go talk to him already.” Sighed Niki.  She shook her head and stared me down.  I quickly shook my head and my eyes widened.

“What if he doesn’t like me back?” I gently closed my locker and we started towards our first class.

“He totally does.  Did you miss that smile he just gave you?” She nudged.  I looked her in the eyes.

“How could I possibly miss him noticing me?!” I laughed.  As we approached the history room door I let out a sigh.  First period History on a Monday morning… Great.

*****

After a torturous few hours of History and English Literature, I headed to the cafeteria with Niki.  We walked into the lunch line and waited.

“Julia!” I heard a voice scream behind me.  I turned around and saw Jessica and Nina behind me.  I smiled and held out my arms.

“You’re back from your trip! How was it?” I asked Nina.  Her hands flew out as she talked, waving violently through the air.

“Oh my gosh it was absolutely amazing! It was so gorgeous!!” She gushed.  We got our food from the lunch ladies and went to our table.  I was so jealous.  Her parents brought her to this private island for a week as her Sweet 16 birthday present.  And her being extremely lucky and all, missed the Historical week at school.  I, on the other hand, had to sit through a week of learning even more history than was already required of us in our regular classes.

“You’re so lucky!” Said Niki.  We kept talking about Nina’s trip.  At the end of lunch, we threw away our left over food and kept walking through the school hallway.  Suddenly a classroom door opened and someone went flying through, nearly knocking us over.  I looked up, startled, and saw Trish.

“Care to explain the rush?” I smirked.  Trish stopped and laughed.

“We have five minutes til lunch ends.  I had to retake the math exam and couldn’t eat in the classroom.  Need. Food.” She said between breaths and ran off waving at us over her shoulder.  I laughed.  Trish and her food.

“So who’s going to prom? Did I miss anything while I was gone?” Asked Nina.  I shook my head and looked down.  Jessica and Trish had been asked by two cute jocks.  I listened as Jess explained how her date had asked her to prom.  And Niki had been going out with a guy named Jacob since they were both 13…. So it was a little obvious that they’d be going together.  The bell rang and we headed to our lockers.  I checked my schedule.  Spanish… ugh.  As soon as I gathered my books and started heading to the classroom, the loudspeaker beeped and our principle’s voice boomed over us.

“This is Principle Meyers.  Any student with Spanish or French class now will have study hall.  And all students in the next period will have study hall.  A few teachers have left because of a family emergency, so you have some free time.  Spend your time wisely but do not leave the school grounds without checking out.”  A final beep to finalize the message left the hall in cheers.  I grabbed my computer and headed to the Spanish room.  I opened twitter and spent a few minutes answering tweets and checking my mentions.  I had gained 21 new followers.  I nudged Niki and showed her my screen.  She freaked out.

“Not fair! What’s that now? Two hundred?” She asked.  I laughed.  We were in a competition to see who could get the most followers by the end of the school year.

“Eh…” I clicked my followers button to see my amount.  I showed her. “I have 875 now.”

She nearly blew up and I couldn’t help but laugh.  “I give up.  I have almost two hundred.” She said, pretending to wave a flag in the air.  All of a sudden, a loud siren went through the halls.

“Ugh.” I shut my computer and laid it on the floor.  I headed out to line up at our fire drill locations.  As I was heading to the front door, the principle stopped me and asked to speak with me.  When all the students were outside the sirens turned off.

“Come with me.” She said.  I followed her outside.  My heart was racing.  I don’t think I did anything bad…. I racked my brain for times I didn’t follow the rules.  I wasn’t necessarily a “good girl” but I didn’t break any rules.

As we walked through the front doors of the school, I saw that all the students were in a large crowd around me.  The principle held out her hand and motioned me to walk through the crowd of kids.  As she did that, the students parted, making a clear path so that I could walk through them.  I nearly smacked myself.  What was going on?

I walked through the crowd of people and when I got to the end, my heart stopped.  In front of me stood the boy who I’ve had a crush on since the fifth grade… Niall.  Niall Horan.  He smiled at me and held out his hand.  Blushing, I walked over to him and took his hand.  His blue eyes shone in the sun and he pointed up to the sky.  I followed his finger and saw a plane that was dragging a banner behind it.  I squinted through the sun to read what it said on the banner.  I spoke the words slowly.

“Will…. You…. Go….to… Prom-“ I read it out loud and stopped.  His hand tightened around mine and he smiled at me.  Niall finished the sentence for me.

“With me?”

- - - - - - - 

A/N: Okay, so this is like the 4th time I'm rewriting this story!! I had it written on my other account, but now I made a new account that shares with my friend (: My other story had 200+ views in just a few days so lets see if we can do that again!

Right now I'm going to post maybe 2-3 chapters... and then I'll probably post about 1 or 2 times a week (maybe more, maybe less) If I only post once or twice a week I promise that I'll make them long uploads (: But if I'm planning on posting a few times a week they'll be short!

P.S. The character's name is Julia (pronounced: hooooo-leeeee-uhhh) :p

Please vote & comment if you liked it! Don't forget to fan!

xx Kat