Chapter 1

I glance upwards towards the chandelier tapping my foot impatiently. Come on, what's taking her so long? The curtains finally answer and they slide to one side to reveal my best friend.

"Sooo...Haven what do you think?"

She gives me a twirl and the lilac material that clings to her skin starts flow.

"Great! Now can we go?" I sigh, "We've been at this for three hours and my legs ached from the twenty shops we've ran out of and into in the last thirty minutes."

"No, you still haven't picked your dress and it's on Friday, prom is one of the most important events in your life!" Payton drags me over to a rack of dresses, "Go on, pick one!" I sigh once again.

"I'm going to go ahead and see if I can book a space in Paulette's."

"Fine but remember you have to pick a dress, you promised you wouldn't bail like you did with the Winter Ball."

Opening the door I give her a fake smile and quickly exit, she could be so annoying at times. What's the point with Prom? For girls to play dress up and then they get to play who gets to play the stupid role of Prom Queen?

Seriously who ever came up with Prom was seriously bored or had a fun disorder. I turn and Paulette's beauty boutique loomed up, I push the double glass doors and ask wait for receptionist to finish her phone call.

"-Sweety, my opinion doesn't matter but if you want to know what I think, I think you need more than a makeover to make you look pretty. Sorry I've got a customer waiting talk to you later, bye!" She looks at me as she, without hesitation, slams the phone down.

"What do you want?"

Honestly this girl had some nerve but I have to calm down, no use making a scene.

"Have you got a space for Friday at five thirty for two?" Prom started at seven, I hope Payton complain about it being so late and that it's going to take ages to get ready.

"Yes we have a space for...one."

"Is there a space for another person maybe at a different time?"

"No this is the last, we're all booked up I'm afraid." She twirls the pen between her fingers looking bored.

" Okay I'll book the space."

"And what name should I put it under?"

"Payton, Payton Thorn."

I found Payton waiting for me outside, leaning on the wall beside the doors tapping her foot. "Well?"

"They only had a space for one on Friday, so I put down your name."

She grabbed my arm and yanked it inside the doors she just opened and marched inside. She slams her fist down at the reception desk and even I jump in surprise.

"Cancel the booking on Friday under Payton, IMMEDIATELY!"

The receptionist jumped straight to task at once, typing furiously on the computer; this is why I don't get on the wrong side of Payton, she can be awfully scary if you do.

"Well I ain't here all day!"

"C-cancelled ma'am, canceled."