The Begining of All

I woke up at the sound of a buzzing alarm, and looked at the clock. 1:46 am. I jumped out of the bed when I realized it was the security alarm, but it had already stopped by then.

I dashed to my parents' room, but stopped right before barging in. I heard them whispering, and it sounded like a pretty serious conversation.

"No! No, it can't be!" Mom exclaimed, still in a whisper.

"Shh, Rhian will hear you!" Dad said, his voice a little calmer than mom's.

Me? Why?A secret?

"Just tell her! Warn her! Tell her we're in danger!"

Wait...what!? Warn me? Danger? What was this about!?

"No. No, we cant do that. It'll put her in danger!"

"She already is!!"

Am I really?

"She isn't. You are. And I'm suggesting you to run away with the kids before they come inside. I'll distract them."

Them? Who's them?

"I won't leave you"

"Then what about the kids? Rhian's only 7. She can't take care of herself, let alone Dylan. Go. Just go. I plead you. Go"

Now's the time. I took a few steps back, and ran towards the door again, purposely making a loud noise. I kicked the door open, and hugged my parents tightly.

"What was that alarm warning? Is it fire?" I asked as if I didn't know.

"No. It's the security alarm. I thought someone broke in, but they haven't."

I noticed him mentioning 'them' again, but I pretended that I didn't notice.

"So do I have to go back to sleep?" I asked, looking at dad, then mom.

"I don't know, honey. But I think you should run away. I heard that there were 'bad' people around here. They kill when they rob."

Dad replied, and I swear I saw tears in his eyes.

I stared at my parents, eyes wide open from shock. I nodded.

"Okay. I'll go."

Mom had tears in her own eyes too.

"I love you." was all she said, before dad gave me the instructions.

"Go wake Dylan up and go to Aunt Miranda's place. Tell her that we want her to look after you two until we go."

Mom flinched at this, and I understood why.

They were never coming.

"Never stop on the way." dad continued. "Don't talk to anybody, not even someone you might know."

"But what about you? Or mom? Why can't we go now?"

"We'll be fine, Rhian. As long as our children are." Dad said in a calm, caring voice.

Suddenly, mom stood up. She hurried to the closet, opened the doors, and grabbed something out from the very bottom.

It was a box.

"What do you think you're doing!?" Dad demanded.

Mom came to me anyway.

"Take this with you. Never, never give this to anyone. Not even the police. Or Aunt Miranda. Do you understand, darling?"

"Yes." was all I could say. She had mentioned the police.

"Don't..." Dad started in a worried voice.

"Don't trust others. Think who to trust."

"We trust you. We love you. Don't forget that. Okay?" Dad said.

I nodded.

"And tell your brother that too"

"I will, and I love you too."

"Go!!!" Mom suddenly screamed as she clutched her chest.

Dad turned my body towards the door.

"Go." he said silently as he pushed me a little.

I ran out the door, and when I looked back, I saw my parents lying on the ground, covered in their own blood.

And a man was standing by their bodies, with an evil smirk on his face.