The Girl With the Voice

It was nearly dusk, and the Camp Rock counselors had called lights out hours ago. Everyone was dead asleep, except Mitchie Torres. The 16-year-old girl had had probably the worst day of her life. Tess Tyler had exposed her lies in front of everybody, including Shane Grey. He had been completely broken after finding out that Mitchie's mother (Connie) was not the president of Hot Tunes TV China, in other words, Mitchie was just another fake at this camp. She deserved every hateful word that came out of Shane's mouth.

She was a liar, she was a faker, and she had ruined everything. A single tear trickled down her cheek as she decided this was enough. So, getting up, the brunette grabbed her pleather purse and walked over to the beach.

But she didn't notice Shane sitting at the furthest end of the water, strumming at his guitar and he didn't notice the girl walking to the center behind a large log. She wrapped a blanket around herself, wiping her tears away on the soft corner of it. Slowly, though, she drifted off.

The boy walked away not long after, not even noticing the girl lying in the sand.

A loud chatting outside his cabin woke Shane up the next morning, though. Angry and exhausted, he rolled his eyes when he saw the entire group of campers gathered at the beach. The star changed into some fresh clothes, making his way over to see what was so interesting.

"...Tess, I'm not joking. You need to shut up, right now." Caitlyn ordered, kneeling in the sand. The blonde cackled in amusement at what she saw.

Shane pushed through the crowd, his mouth hanging agape when he saw Mitchie lying alone on the sand.

"What happened here?" He asked in a serious tone, "Caitlyn?"

"I-I don't know. The last time I saw her, I had walked her back to her cabin."

"Tess? Did you see anything?" Shane asked seriously, pulling the girl close and lifting her head on to his lap.

"Nope." The blonde said, popping the P. She looked down at the sleeping girl, "What a dork though, am I right ladies?"

"I swear, Tess if one more word comes out of your dumb mouth—" Caitlyn growled, taking a step forward.

"Are you threatening me?"

"Did you do anything to her?"

Tess just scoffed and kneeled next to Shane, who was now cradling Mitchie in his arms. She seemed to be breathing, thank God.

Her eyes fluttered a bit and he shooed the rest of the campers away, shooting a glare at Tess when she refused to leave.

Mitchie slowly raised herself up, cold and confused when her and Shane's eyes met.

"Shane..." She said in shock, "Sh-Shane..." Her body was shaking from the cold of the previous night. It seemed like the blanket she had brought along hadn't helped all that well. The boy just held a finger to his lips and re-wrapped the girl in the blanket, still cradling her in his arms as he carried her back to her cabin.

Mitchie held her hands around his neck and rested her head against his chest, occasionally looking up at the boy, trying to read him.

It was a couple feet ahead that Mitchie realized that they were heading in the wrong direction. Shane had carried her into his own cabin, it seemed. The brunette's face grew red as she felt herself on an extra bunk.

"Shane..."

He held a finger to his lips one more then left the room.

The brunette gulped in fear, not sure what was going on.