Love is for Eternity

Novel #1

By: WalrusKisses

Chapter 1: Confession

There he stood chatting to Fiona.  I was so jealous of her right now… Focus!  I will do this, I’ve been waiting for years and I’ve run it though my head a thousand times.

            “Um, Gummy,” I said walking up to the most charming, handsome man I have ever met.

“Yes, Marshall?” He replied in the angelic voice of his.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked as the butterflies in my stomach threatened to push up my lunch.

“Of course,” He said “Go head.”

“Um, alone,” I said taking quick nervous glances towards the now annoyed looking Fiona.

“Uh, all right,” he said, confused as he followed me around a couple corners.  “Is everything all right, Marshall?” he asked, concerned, looking at my probably nauseas looking face.  I took a deep breath, not believing what I was about to say.

“Look, Gummy, just hear me out.  We’ve been friends for almost 3 years now, that’s 3 too many.  I have known I’ve wanted to say this since I first met you, Prince Gumball, I love you.”

I wasn’t sure if I should feel worse or better after saying that so I just watched his expressions change, flickering from one to the next in harsh utter silence.

“You know what forget it!” I ran out of the room feeling georamas tears falling down my face.  I ran out of the room as he stood there frozen, probably disgusted.

Chapter 2: You

            As soon as I got home I ran to my room, slamming as many doors as possible.  I blasted depressing metal music and cried, face in my comforter.

I didn’t want to think, I wish I could kill myself but it was literally impossible.  I sat there ignoring everything but the loud music, in till a rock fell on my head.

I quickly turned down the music and ran to the window it had come from battle axe in hand.  I opened the curtain and…

“Marshall!”

I fell to the floor surprised as he let himself in.  “Gummy?!?” I yelled accidentally using my pet name for him in rage.

“Sorry, but you couldn’t hear the smaller rocks over that obnoxious music of yours.”

I turned around and hid under the sheets, waiting for him to leave.  It was completely quite for a moment except for my quiet music and the sound of crickets outside.

I felt the weight of the bad shift and snapped, “What do you want?”

He paused, then whispered, running his hand though my hair, ”You.”

Chapter 3:  Clothes

            I looked up at him, in to his soft pink eyes to check if he was serious.  His slight, caring smile told me he was.

“Marshall, I’ve always felt the same way but never had the bravery to do what you did, and that’s pretty math.”

I sat, feeling cold tears run down my face again.

“Marshall?” He said softly “Marshall Lee, stop crying this instant.” He demanded more sure of himself.

“Why should I?” I questioned him, not seeing a good reason myself.

He stared at me then said “So I can do this.”

He leaned in and kissed me passionately; I couldn’t help but return the favor.  It seemed as him and I were the only things in the universe right now, separated by only clothes. Man how I hate clothes right now. 

Chapter 4: Influence

            We had been kissing for quite some while when he suddenly stopped and looked away.

            I carefully reached over to undo his pants.  “No, Marshall.” He said coldly, as opposed to his normal sweet self.

I was confused (as I was about all of this) but quickly stared at the ground.

“I’m sorry,” he said, now more bitter than cold.  “It just seems wrong.”

Of course, it had been too good to be true.  I stayed staring down, starting to cry for the umpteenth time today.  Oh, glob what’s wrong with me???

“No, Marshall!” He said noticing my tears. “I’m just not ready.”

I was sorry, too, honestly.  This would be strange for him.  He seemed anxious about his true self and had good reasons.  I would feel bad to right now.

He had just confronted this part of himself and did so very strongly.  Also, he had been raised by the king and queen who raised him to believe not to make love before marriage and that man on man/ woman on woman was, well, simply wrong.  I mean, all he had left of his parents now were there influences…