An offer

Ever since the revolution and androids lived among humans with their own rights, whether or not they were deviant. Some androids continued their lives as if nothing has happened, while others lived same as any human would. One of those androids was Connor. Ever since he's met Lieutenant Hank Anderson their relationship grew stronger than just partners, and after the revolution Hank gave Connor his last name. Connor Anderson, it felt a little weird at first but he'd get used to it. Soon after the revolution Connor moved in with Hank who treated him like a son. They both still worked at the DPD together as partners and to catch the deviants who are still trying to kill humans, but there wasn't many since the revolution.

"Hank, I don't think a bottle of beer can be considered breakfast" Connor stated, walking into the kitchen with the sight of Hank drinking a bottle of beer at 4:54am. Hank turned abruptly, spilling some beer on the floor.

"For fuck's sake!" Hank yelled. "Connor, don't sneak up on me like that."

"I'm just looking out for your health Lieutenant" Connor responded. Hanks shoulders slumped and he was about to set his beer down, until Connor put his hand out. He gave Connor the bottle and Connor placed the bottle back in the fridge. "It should still be good to drink when you return home."

Hank groaned and grabbed a quick granola bar. He headed to the bathroom and get ready for work, because they only have Tuesday and Saturday off and it was Thursday. Before he entered the bathroom, he turned.

"And Connor" he called. Connor peaked around the corner at Hank. "Drop the formalities when we're at home." Connors LED flickers yellow for a moment.

"Got it, Hank" he responded with a smile. Hank closed the door and slowly got ready. While waiting Connor sat on the ground petting Sumo on the head.

At 6:23 Hank and Connor were only 7 minutes away from the DPD. They were just stopping for Hank to get some coffee, because the coffee machine at home was broken. It wasn't too much longer until they pulled up into the DPD parking lot at 6:30 sharp. Everyday was pretty similar, Hank would do paperwork, talk shit about Fowler, eat lunch, continue paperwork, and occasionally they would get a case but not often. Connor wouldn't have much to do at his desk and would just sit there reading.

At 9:28 was when Gavin Reed would show up at work. One change Connor noticed about Gavin was how he would avoid Connor like the plague. At first it would confuse Connor whenever he would try and make amends, or really whenever he approached Gavin, that he would find an excuse to leave said situation. Normally excuses like having to go to the bathroom, or that he forgot something he had to do. Which was odd to those who knew Gavin, especially Tina. They knew if Gavin did forget to do something then he would just continue procrastinating until Fowler would confront him. About a week ago Connor made the connection that Gavin was afraid of him, because of when Connor knocked Gavin out in the evidence room. Ever since he made the connection he's been trying to catch Gavin alone to apologize.

"Connor" Hank brought Connor out of his thoughts. "I get you want to make amends, but some people just..." He tried to find the right wording, not wanting to sound too harsh to Connor. "Not that forgiving."

"Understood Lieutenant, but I would prefer not to leave this on bad terms with Detective Reed."

Hank gave small smile and turned back to his paperwork. "Do what you like, just don't make to much of a fuss."

Connor smiled, but just glanced at Gavin who was chatting with Tina. Gavin clearly enjoyed Tina's company, unlike most of the DPD or just people in general. That made Connor wonder about Gavins psychology and how he came out the way he did. He could go through documents in his head, but he preferred to hear it from Gavin himself. That seemed a little too big of a goal to Connor, but it would be worth a shot. At least to make amends. He noticed he was still staring at Gavin and Tina, so he looked back at his computer screen and tried to help Hank with his paperwork best he could.

Later in the day, Connor noticed Gavin going outside to take a smoke. This was probably one of, if not, his last chance to catch Gavin alone. Connor left to the lounge area to get some coffee. He figure he'd give it to Gavin as some sort of peace offering or something. He didn't know why he made it his goal to get on Gavins good side since it's clearly not going to be easy at all, but he did. Connor wouldn't say he hated Gavin or disliked him. He figured getting Gavins forgiveness would possibly help not only him but Gavin as well. Maybe.

He quickly made the coffee, and sped down the hall to the entrance Gavin exited. Hank was tempted to intervene, but figured he'd let Connor figure out that Gavin is just a lost cause.

Outside, Connor caught sight of Gavin only a few feet away from the entrance facing away. He took a deep breathe to calm his systems as he approached the shorter Detective.

"Detective Reed?" He noticed a jolt from Gavin, probably wasn't the best approach but all others would've involved Gavin seeing him. If Gavin saw him coming there was a 78% chance he would attempt to move away. Gavin turned around with a sneer plastered on his face.

"What do you want dipshit?" He responded. It was clear that Gavin already wanted to get out if this situation, considering his stress level was at 67% which is way higher than before. Connor handed the coffee to Gavin.

"I wish to amends with you, and I brought you a coffee so that we could at least end this conversation on good terms if anything." That lowered Gavin's stress level drastically down to a 34%. It's not low enough, but it's progress. Gavin squinted his eyes at the android and moved to take the coffee. He stopped his hand, but Connor placed the coffee in Gavins hands before he could reject the offer. Though his guard is still up, Gavin took a sip of the coffee. Connor caught the smallest glimpse of a smile, which in turn, earned a smile from Connor.

Gavin noticed and his face fell right back to it's cold exterior Connor knew very well. "Thanks" is all he said, before Fowler came outside.

"REED! CONNOR! MY OFFICE!"

Connor looked over his shoulder in time to see Fowler go back into the building. 'What the heck did I do now?' little did either of them know, they thought the same thing.

(It's my first time writing a fanfic, but please give me criticism)