Chapter 1

The Sun was setting in the distance, the deep grey clouds took over the sky, the wind blew my hair to the left of me, I stood with my gun to his head,

"where's the girl?" I asked, an annoyed expression on my face,

"trust me, the girl is one thing you don't need to worry about right now... I think you should be worrying about yourself right about now" the man laughed, I stood my ground, listening for anyone in the alleyway with us, i heard footsteps, so soft I could just barely hear them. I shot the man in the head and with a swift movement I dodged the bullets shot by the men hidden in the alley.

"Come out and fight, like a real man!" I shouted, they came out with their guns ablaze,

"Oh shit" I shouted, using the wall to do a backflip to avoid the gunfire, One bullet nearly touched my hair,

"watch the hair bub!" I shouted, shooting one guy in the head, My hair! how dare he threaten to hurt my hair! it took a long time to get it like this! I did a few more flips to dodge bullets, and i curved the bullet so it went directly into some guy's head, one guy ran at me with a katana, so i took out my machete and slashed his face,

"son of a bitch!" one man said, "she's bat shit crazy!" I looked at him with my devilish grin, my sharp teeth scaring him,

"damn rights, hoe bag" I said, he gave me a confused look and with a quick movement I shot him in the head, he was the last one standing... until I shot him in the head of course. I got up and searched their pockets, took their money, and the ammo of course, one guy had been wearing shades, I took them off of him and put them in my backpack, along with the ammo and my weapons. I skipped happily back home where my friend James was waiting for me, I had made sure to clean the blood off of my backpack, and i bandaged the cuts and scrapes on my knees and elbows.

"I'm home!" I called, taking off my high tops and kicking them to the side, I put up my black vest and walked upstairs,

"hey Air, have fun at work?"

"ehh, I fixed a car or two, that was about it"

"took you a while"

"yeah well, the owner wouldn't shut up about the expenses and i told him that if he has any complaints, my baseball bat and I could help with them, he shut up after that" James chuckled at this,

"I made Stir Fry"

"awesome, put mine in the fridge, I'll eat it for lunch tomorrow, I'm not hungry"

"oh, okay" James said, he put the food away, I went into the Attic, which was my room in case you're wondering why I'm going into the attic. I went to my workbench and cleaned off my machete, and reloaded my gun for tomorrow. The moon rose, the attic has a big window in one room, in which I look out of when I'm tired, lonely, sad, or just plain bored. My room has posters from one side to the other, Manga and Anime posters mostly. The large room with the big window is my private living room, it's where I go after a long day, or I'm bored, lonely, Sad, you get it.

The reason I live with my best friend is because my mom kicked me out, and my best friend's parents are dead, so we go to work and pay for our own house together, we're inseparable. James doesn't know I carry around guns and a machete and kill people, I'm a merc/assasin, a hired gun... as long as I'm paid, I'll kill anyone, rescue anyone, stuff like that... sometimes I'm enforcing law, other times I'm the one breaking it. My name is Air Gunnar, I am a mercenary, the best of the best, maybe even the greatest one that has ever lived.

People are scared of me, I am my target's worst nightmare, and even my clients are afraid I'm going to slit their throat, that says a little something about my reputation. the Police force call the me that is on their team 'Ace', the me that they're chasing after is 'bogey'. They don't know I break the law as well as enforce it, I think one day I might end up telling James everything, but I can't tell him now, not yet.

I looked out the window, the moon was staring back at me, and dissapeared behind the storm clouds, and it started to rain, James was shouting because he had left his bedroom window open and now his hat was wet. I sat down in the huge and comfy couch in front of the window, I looked out at the streets below, an ambulance rushed by, followed by a cop car... Probably gone to admire my handywork, knowing them.

Thunder cracked through the clouds and set the neighbor's tree on fire, I watched it burn, not saying a word, James started freaking out because it was on fire, he called a fire engine, I sat and watched them spray the tree down with the fire hose. I loved watching people run around panicking or screaming, it was just... so entertaining! I'm sick and twisted, I know.