If it's meant to be, It will be... (Short Story)

Copyright © 2012 by Yannah Agosto.

All rights reserved. no part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of the author.

------

A sixteen year old girl who is innocent in love named Cassandra. She never had a boyfriend. Besides, she’s already contented on what she have. She have crushes but she’s always controlling her feelings for them because her Dad told her that Love is very complicated and it will come in the right time and right place. She bought it. But how far will that thought remain, when she finally meet Klein?

   “Kyaaaah!” I screamed.

Someone threw pebbles on me. I felt dizzy and I accidentally slip when someone grabbed my back to avoid me from falling on the ground. I looked at him and his face is just an inch away from mine. I lock gazed with his blue eyes, I can see he’s a good guy. Then, my thoughts had awaken and I realized our position is very awkward and so I moved and stand tall.

“Thanks for grabbing my back. I need to go.” I thanked him without looking at him, because I can feel the blood rising up to my cheeks. I walked towards the gym as fast as I can. I feel so embarrassed. Everyone’s looking at us.

   I reached the gym and saw my girls sitting at the bleachers, cheering at their Boyfies (Boyfriend) who’s playing basketball. By the way, Mikhaela and Chelsea is my childhood friends and they are my best friends too. We lived in a same roof because our parents are working abroad. They have partnership in our business. Heck yeah! We’re rich, but we never think high of ourselves. We treat each other like were real sisters and sometimes I get jelly about them having a boyfriend. I shook my head to clear my thought. I sat beside them.

“what took you so long?” Mikhaela asked.

“Ahm.. I..” I stammered. Oh great, I’m not a good liar.

“What happened?” Chelsea asked worriedly.

I told them what happened to me, they both laughed at me. Great! I should have known this would happened.

“Hey. Stop laughing. It’s not funny.” I said to them and I’m close of being pissed.

They’re still laughing. Correction? Laughing hard.. I stood up and planned to leave, I turned around and bumped on somebody. I automatically said “Sorry” but he didn’t stay out of the way so I gave him a glare. Suddenly I realized that He’s the one who saved me a while ago.

“H-Hi.” I stuttered.

“Hello! Don’t glare at me, I’m here to introduce myself, I’m Klein. You walked so fast a while ago without introducing yourself. Who are you then?” He said.

“Oh. Sorry about that. I’m Cassandra anyway, Thanks again for grabbing my back and save me from embarrassment.” I thanked him again. “It’s nothing. Just be careful next time.” He said while giving me his nice smile.

I just nodded..

   That was the first time I saw him and I got the chance to talked to him too. Days are surely running so fast. We became closer to each other. We hangout, just the two of us. He always drove me to school and dropped me at my house. We eat dinner with his Family. Well, he introduced me as his ‘GirlBestFriend’. I remember, Klein’s Mom look suspiciously at us and so did his whole family. Mikhaela told me that it’s a date but I never assumed and I called it a friendly date instead. We played at Timezone, we always play basketball there, It’s funny when almost all the time, I win. I’m very happy when I’m with him. It’s like I’m in heaven and I’m with my angel. Funny right? Cassandra, saying things like this? Hanging out with a guy? How ironic. He once told me that he already fell in love. First love huh.. I felt really jelly when he told me the story from his past. “I love her so much, to the point that I’m the only one who’s fighting for our relationship. One day, second thoughts are eating me but I ignored it. I was too blind, and I think It’s because I’m deeply in love with her. I can’t blame myself, She’s almost perfect. But she cheated on me.” He sighed sadly. He’s still affected and I can see the hurt in his eyes. Aww. I was speechless and all I can do that time is to let the topic go. I decided to take him on a Ice cream parlor and treat him an Ice cream, He loves ice cream and so do I. We eat ice cream whenever we’re sad.