Fix You (One Direction Fan Fiction)

Louis Tomlinson               

The smile on my face couldn’t have been any wider. Nothing could make me upset. Nothing could ruin my happiness. I was going to see them. I was finally, after two months, going to see my family again.

                I’d missed them so much, it pained me. I grew homesick quite a lot during the tour and to know I would have to go through it again, after this week, for another two months was just horrific. I had decided I wouldn’t think about that thought though. This week was going to be perfect. Being in Doncaster with my five sisters, the lads and my parents? Music to my ears.

                “How much longer?” I whined as I jumped up and down in my seat. I didn’t need to ask, I knew the roads of Doncaster like the back of my hand. I just wanted to annoy the lads with my happiness.

                “Five more minutes, Lou! Now, shut up.” Liam moaned from the back seat.

                I could see the outline of my house in the distance. I couldn’t contain the excited feeling bubbling up inside of me. I began squealing like a school girl. I didn’t even wait for the car to halt, I jumped out and sprinted to the front door I knew so well. I knocked and awaited the cheerful faces of my family, to be welcomed with nothing. I knocked again as the lads gathered around behind me, suitcases on the gravel behind us. I grew aggravated and jiggled the doorknob, which gracefully swung open.

                That’s weird. I thought to myself. Mum never leaves the doors open.

                We entered the house and began searching the bottom floor for any living humans. I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted by an ear-piercing screech from the upstairs. I trampled up the staircase and began frantically opening and closing doors, searching for the owner of the noise. Right then, it wasn’t that someone was in trouble that scared me. It wasn’t that I couldn’t find any of my family in my own house. It wasn’t that something bad could be happening to someone in my house. It was the fact that I knew the owner of the voice, that terrified me to no ends.

Elizabeth Tomlinson

                My breathing was ragged as my face remained a grimace. My eyes were wide and my lips were slightly parted, as my eyebrows were furrowed and I clutched my bleeding head. I could feel the wet liquid dripping down my forehead, making a sickly red puddle on the ground next to me but my concentration was only on the door. The large piece of wood that, with one swing open, could hold my freedom.

                Please.. please, let something good happen. I silently prayed.

                An ear piercing scream escaped my lips, as the large hand of my own blood and flesh made contact with my already flushed cheek. I bit my lip, trying to take my concentration off of the shooting pain and putting it on something else.

                My eyes drifted back towards the door. if I could just slip past him when he isn’t looking then I could-

                “ELIZABETH!” the voice of my brother rang throughout the house. “ELIZABETH, WHERE ARE YOU!?”

                “LOUIS, I’M IN-” I was cut off by another slap to the face. I whimpered and pressed a finger to the burning flesh and winced.

                “Stay right here.” he demanded and rested the black leather belt on the table. He strode over to the door and swung it open revealing the twenty year old Doncaster boy himself.