Andromere's Paradise (One Shot)

I have been employed in European Council for Nuclear Research or CERN for almost two decades already. 20 years of undying service as the lead engineer of Team Alpha has placed me in a distinct position revered and envied by most scientist here at CERN. I am Jeremy Von Dutch, one of the few bright bachelors who keep on wasting efforts on making the impossible things, possible. Although, the society’s view of a Nuclear Engineer is a nerd, forever alone, and an introvert I believe that it’s not always the case. I have always been filled with charm, my blue eyes never failed to take a lady for a date. Without even bragging, I am as fit as a ramp model because CERN literally provides my crib with everything that I need, I request, or I just want to have.

                Life in CERN is an intellectual paradise. We are housed underground, with our own city, filled with fellow intellectuals proving and disproving things and making efforts unknown to man. The team that I have been working with has successfully disproved Albert Einstein’s theory that Light travels the fastest. Through using the Large Hadron Collider we have proven that the Neutrinos travel the fastest and not light or anything similar to it.

CERN has been my home since I was a child. I was adopted by an astrophysicist who found me on the steps of his house. Since that time on, I never lived a normal life. I lived a life of an adult rather than a child. My playmates were books; my playgrounds were the library and the laboratory of my father. I spent many good years with him until one night; a burglar broke into our simple home. It was the summer of 1993 when my father was seen dead on the couch, while holding his cup of tea without spilling it. He had several wounds and concussions on his head but the real mystery was that everything was in order. Nothing was stolen from us except for the life of my father.

I have been tormented by the sight of the death of my father. His balding head roams around me in my subconscious thoughts. I could see him, sitting there on the couch, watching, speaking to me as if he was alive despite all the wounds. I couldn’t understand any word that he was telling, except for one single word: Sorry. I don’t know. Quite frankly stated, I do not understand why he was telling sorry. Then, everything was a blur. Smoke of blue would spin around me then suddenly there was a tree with a weird inscription. I could feel the heat of the sun. I can feel my sweat dripping down on my nose. The tree had something metallic near it, though I could only infer that the setting was a tropical island, I could not possibly deduce why a technologically advanced object would be serving any purpose on an abandoned and probably a useless island. Time and time again, I would wake up from that dream feeling waves of curiosity and doubt in my body until a research project dawned on my desk the evening of celebration of Christmas. A gift.

It was a proposal for the harboring of the strength of the Neutrinos to create a time lapse. Coined as “Neutrino Time Lapse Movement Project 1.3”, I cannot possibly take away the fascination that by using the neutrinos one can make a breech in time and location. I took the gift and had my own research for the first meeting on the first of January.

The big day came, I was surrounded by different researchers from all over the world. Italians, Portuguese, British and some few Americans were part of the proponents of the project. I brought along with me my Team Alpha who were the founders of Neutrinos in the physical world.  Being the team leader, and the co-chairman of the NTLMP proposal, I am amazed by the probability of the study. Whopping 100% probabilities of creating a time lapse was exhilarating, a wormhole that can let you travel in a different dimension with its revolving strength. It was a like creating a time machine but with the sophistication of Europeans.

                The project entails the use of the Large Hadron Collider, a quad-cell space of Neutrinos and at least 740 billion Pounds for all the expenses. I didn’t care about the logistics but on the second week of March, the money didn’t matter. The CERN gave us permission to use the LHC and so, the proposal was on its first step. We did every possible thing to make the Neutrinos revolve in the LHC, used their revolving capacity, concentrate that capacity into a smaller collider and transfer the concentrated power into a 5 meter mechanical wormhole. The bluish light emitted by the Neutrinos made its way to the Large Hadron Collider without even giving us the hard time. The scientist maintaining the revolving capacity accelerators are calculating everything as I wait for the last step, taking the mechanical wormhole to the beam gun loaded with Neutrinos. Everything was smoothly perfect.