Proper Eulogy

Near hated spiders. They scared him. And Mello wasn't home to kill it, so using all the courage he had in his 22 year old body, Near stepped on it.

Near looked down at the squashed spider on the ground. He couldn't help but feel sorry for the creature. Plus he hated when it rained. He would have preferred to just have Mello pick it up and put it outside, but it was cold outside and it would have died in the end, and Mello wasn't home. So he figured he would put it out of it's misery quickly, anyways the feeling of anything crawling on him gave him the willies. He decided soon after that he would give it a proper funeral. He went to the kitchen to fetch a matchbox. After emptying the contents, he rushed back to the dead bug and, using tweezers, proceeded to lift it from the hardwood and drop it in the make-shift coffin. He then pushed the matchbox shut and tied a string around it to make sure it stayed closed. The ground was frozen, so it would not do to try and dig a grave now, so he set the box on the top of a high cabinet, so that it wouldn't be in the way. With that done, he plopped himself down on the couch and reached for the clicker. As he flipped through the channels, he made a mental note to ask Mello how to write a proper eulogy.