1: The Start of Absolutely Everything

Aria:

My alarm clock read 7:45.

I was officially late. Again.

I tried to, literally, run out of bed. The operative word in that sentence being tried. Because when I tried to run out of bed, it just so happened that my sheets were tangled around my legs. And running doesn't exactly work the way you want it to if your legs aren't working properly.

So, that is how one of my most life changing days started. With me falling on my face at 7:45 AM.

"Freaking ow," I mumbled under my breath while I rubbed my head. Once the pain had subsided, I reached up towards my calves, which were still tangled up in my bedding, and released myself. I slowly stood up, making sure I wasn't attached to anything else in my room, before dashing to my closet. I figured I didn't have time to try out anything elaborate, so I settled for some ripped jeans and my grey 'Lakeside High' hoodie. I wiggled into my skin tight skinny jeans, and then threw on my sweatshirt over my sportsbra not worrying about a shirt at this point. I shuffled my feet into my sanuks, and hopped on one foot to the bathroom as I tried to pull the canvas of the shoe over my heel.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror. All I can say is, I am glad I took a shower last night. My hair was sticking up at odd angles from sleeping on it wet, but at least it wasn't greasy. I yanked a hair brush through the beehive as fast as I could, ignoring the pain that accompanied it. Once it was kind of detangled, I threw it up into a messy bun. I quickly applied some mascara, so I didn't look like a walking talking zombie, and then checked out my masterpiece in the mirror.

Eh, decent.

After grabbing my phone off the charger and checking the time, 7:56, I ran out of my room, grabbing my backpack and throwing it over one shoulder, and started to run down the hallway. I made it to the stairway, and started down it, before I felt myself yanked back by some invisible force. My butt hit the wooden stairs, and my shoulder got yanked back.

"OW, OW, OW!" I screamed. I slowly got back on my feet, trying to push past the the pain I was feeling in my tailbone. I looked to see what pulled me down, and found that one of my backpack straps had gotten hooked on the railing. Jesus, why was I getting stuck on everything today?

I put both straps over my shoulders, and hobbled down the stairs as quickly as I could. I limped toward the front door and stepped outside. I turned around and locked it, and then closed the door behind me. I walked to my car, and pulled on the drivers side trying to get it open. Locked, of course. I patted my pockets for my keys until I realized something. I hadn't brought them out here with me.

Freaking wonderful. For such a lifechanging day it would become, it kind of sucked so far.

I had three options:

        1. Break into my house.

        2. Run to school

        3. Steal my neighbors bike.

I opted for number 3.

I ran across my lawn and onto my neighbors driveway, and grabbed the yellow bike that was resting up agianst the siding of the house. This bike was my ten year old neighbors, but because I was only 5ft. it worked out pretty well for me. In fact it was almost perfect for my height. Score one for short people. I threw my right leg over, and then took off peddaling as fast as I possibly could. 

Lakeside High was about 10 minutes away by car, and because of how fast I was peddaling, it took me 15 to get there. By this time, it was about 8:15, meaning the bell for first period had just rang. Honestly, even though I was late, I was pretty happy with the time I had made, seeing I woke up around 30 minutes ago. I parked the bike, not bothering to lock it up, and ran in the front door. I slinked passed the front office, crawling under the giant window that allows the office lady to see visitors. Once I got passed them, I jogged to my locker and put in my combo '30-54-02' and grabbed out my math books.