1. The "Greatest" Day

"Bea! Bea! BEATRIX!"

"Coming mother!" I took one last look in the mirror to make sure I was perfectly prim and proper and left my room.

"Oh, Bea! This is the greatest day ever! Someone finally chose you!" mother exclaimed when I walked into her view.

"Chose me for what?"

"Chose you for marriage!" She said jumping up from her chair to embrace me.

"For marriage? But how? Why?" I questioned as I struggled out of her hold.

"Sit down dear," she patted the lounge chair next to her,  "you know how your father is forever set in his ways. Well, we decided to put you back into that mail order bride program."

"You did what?" I questioned through gritted teeth. "I thought we agreed that we were over that when I turned 19"

"Your father and I aren't getting any younger, Bea. we thought it was time again that you got to settle down and go out on your own with a nice man."

"I can find love on my own mother. When I know it's true"

"I was in the same situation and I grew to truly love your father."

"Okay, but I want to know before I get married and get all the legal shit involved!" I said sharply, getting up from my seat.

"Beatrix! Watch your language! I promised we would make sure you would be well off and not go to some low degenerate and I kept to that. It says here that he travels for work and makes good money for it, I know how you always wanted to travel, you could go with him!"

I took a deep breath, "it's still against my will I had the problem with."

"You are going through with it to make your father and I happy! Now take this and go start packing."

I grabbed the notice from her hand and stormed off back to my room. I sat on my bed and took a deep breath to calm me down. 'Alright. What sick person went through the trouble..' I thought as I read: "this notice is to inform you that, Ms. Beatrix Lupan's ad in our mail order bride catalog has been answered! She has two days to get her things in order to start her married life with Mr. Vinchenzo Mauro. We wish you two all the best!"

"That son of a bitch!!"