Chapter Eight

Rosekit's eyes flickered open.

The moonlight dappled through the brambles of the empty nursery. Rosekit was alone in the nursery now, leaving her bored most of the day.

Her ears perked has she heard faint hissing in the distance. She swiftly lifted her head and scrambled to her paws. Padding over, she was terrified at what she saw.

Emberstone and Fallensnow crouched in the clearing, their fur fluffed up in anger. Cats stood in two groups, one behind Emberstone and one behind Fallensnow.

"I should be the leader!" Fallensnow hissed. The cats behind her cheered in agreement and fluffed their tails challengingly.

"Emberstone is the obvious choice!" Darkstorm yowled from the back. "he's strong, brave, and a great hunter!"

"Fallensnow would make a better leader." Jayflight sneered. "It doesn't matter how strong you are. It's about the wisdom!"

Emberstone stared at Jayflight. "Are you saying I'm a complete mousebrain? He growled, crouching down into an attack position.

Rosekit blinked. They were acting like kits!

Suddenly, the camp seemed to glow brighter, and cats with stars glimmering in their pelt appeared along the sides of the camp.

The ThunderClan cats looked around in surprise.

"ThunderClan!" Blazestar meowed, his deep voice echoing through the camp. "Risingmist will be the new leader of ThunderClan."

All cats turned to Risingmist, who stood rigid with shock. She quickly dipped her head, "T-Thank you Blazes-star.." she stammered.

Rosekit purred happily. Risingmist deserved to be leader.