Why me?

Chapter 1

Danielle's pov

( please read the description before you read the book please. It'd make more sense. thank you)

I felt another slap across my face. I screamed out in pain. It didn't really hurt. I have to keep my secret safe.

"Where is she." the man yelled.

"I don't know what your talking about. let me go please. I want to go home." I started to wiggle out of the ropes for show. Man these punks don't know who there are talking to. I could have these ropes of anytime. They don't tie them tight enough for me. I wish I didn't have to act. I could just snap my fingers and they'll be gone.

I know what your thinking. Yes I'm a witch. There looking for me. They don't know what I look like cause I stay in hiding with my witch family and friends. And there's something else surprising about me I'm the witch queen. I have blonde hair and deep blue eyes. I'm 17 and I'm 5'7".

When I go out of the house I have to wear a wig. Other wise people will know. Because my hair is so blonde even humans can tell I'm different. I usually wear a brown wig.

"I know you know where she is. You live with her and you know it." The man yelled.

"We'll if that's true, why am I here instead of her?" I said and started laughing. He just stood there and then his eyes got brighter. I started to read his mind. Omg he figured it out.

"Actually she is sitting in your chair." He then reached for my wig. But I snapped my fingers and he was gone. I undid me ropes and started to sneak out the door when sirens went of. And a women on the speaker said,

"Alert, alert, the witch is escaping. Alert, alert, the witch is escaping."

She said that over and over again. I heard footsteps two floors up and two floors down. They were coming from both ways. I turned myself invisible and started running down the stairs. I got to the third floor and found an exit. I was about to open it when a lot of people ran up the stairs to the third floor staircase.

I stopped and waited till they were gone. Then I opened the door. And ran down the fire escape. Then I teleported to my house. No one was there they were in the safe room I bet. So I teleported myself down to the basement and walked into the office.

The walls were white tanish color. The desk was on the far side of the room. It's a wood desk with papers on it. There was a shelf with a lot of old books. Next to the desk. There wasn't much in there.

I walk next to the bookshelf and find the newest book. I take it down. And look through a peephole. I saw them in there. So I levitated the bookshelf and moved it over to the right. I look back and see a door. I knock on it.

"Hello, is anybody there?" I have to say that so they know it's me. Then I open the door and walk in. I saw them sitting there. My mom and dad were sitting on a couch on the left wall. Along with my younger sister Emily who's seven.

On the other side is my grandma and grandpa Johnson. With my best friend Kylee.

"Sisy's home" Emily said and ran to hug me. I laughed a little.

"Hi Emily." I said. She let go.

"On Danielle sweety I'm so glad your back. I was getting worried." Mom said hugging me.

"I'm fine mom. You know I always am." I said.

"Ya I know it's just this time you actually got caught and taken away. I was getting worried." Mom said.

"We all were." Dad chimed in.

"Were just glad you made it home before dinner." grandma said. We laughed a little.

"Ya and we gotta study for our test tomorrow also." Kylee said. I groaned when she said that. I know everything I don't know why I have to go to school.

We all went up stairs and sat down in the living room except grandma. She went into the kitchen. It smells really good. It smells like we're having roast and potatoes. And sweet carrots and green beans. It smells really good.

I started to talk to Kylee when grandma came in and told us the food was done. We all got up and headed for the dining room. Just as I thought it was roast and stuff.

We all sat down at the table. Kylee Emily and I sat on one side. Mom and dad sat on the other side. And grandma and grandpa sat on the ends.

I first grabbed the roast then the potatoes. I put a little gravy on my roast. It's so good like that. I grabbed the carrots and green beans. I mashed the potatoes and grabbed the butter and put some the potatoes. I grabbed a price of bread and put some butter on it to.

The meat was really tender. Nobody really talked cause they had food in there mouths. It was so good I had to have seconds. I had it all again but in smaller portions. I stopped eating so I could save room for dessert. For dessert there was pumpkin pie.

When we were done I was helping take plates in. When I took then almost all of them looked like they were licked clean. That made me and grandma laugh.

"Hey Danielle could you do something for me?" grandma asked.

"Ya sure, what?"

"Could you go ask everyone if they want pie or not?" she didn't look up from washing dishes.

"Ya sure." so I walked into the dining room and asked,

"Does everyone want pie?"

Everyone nodded but Emily.

"Not me sisy I'm full." she said and ran upstairs. I walked back into the kitchen and told grandma what they wanted. She started handing me plates with pies on them. I handed them out to everyone.

I sat down and ate. I started talking with Kylee.

"Hey Dannie, I was wondering if I would just stay the night and study for the quit tomorrow?" she asked. She's a witch to but she's not as smart as me. So she has to study. I looked at me parents. They both nodded.

"Great I'll call my parents. be right back." She said and took off. Everyone was done with there pies by now so I started to take plates into the kitchen. It still smelled like pie. But then I smelled something, something different then pies.

"I'll be right back guys." I said.

I walked upstairs and looked in every room to see what that smell was. I stopped at Emily's room and knocked on the door.

"Hello, Emily are you in there?" there was no response. So I knock again and think maybe she's asleep. So I stop knocking and walk in. The lights were off toys were everywhere. There was nobody in the bed I looked in her bathroom. She not there either. Then I realize the smell. It was the people that took me.

Then I knew she was gone.