1 - Wrapped in Drugs

"Bloody asshole!" I shifted from foot to foot waiting for the line to shorten. "Stupid, absolutely stupid."

The club lights were a beacon to where I wanted to be. People lined up outside, waiting to be let in. I walked into the lights illuminating the street. Some people stared, some people eyed me with discomfort, and some people checked me out. Not wanting to create a scene I drifted to the back of the line.

I sighed deeply and ran my fingers through my black hair. I cursed. Looking towards the pink neon sign above the double doors of Night Life, I watched as each person who stepped forward pulled out their ID. The bald brown head of the bouncer bobbed up and down like a jack-in-the-box as he stared intently at the mug shots.

"Seriously dude?" I wrapped my arms around myself holding my jacket closed. "You have to check everyone?" I mumbled.

I cursed again as my dark strands blew in the wind like fucking kites. I widened my mouth at the white middle aged lady dressed like a tramp in front of me and said, "Hi."

She snorted and I saw fangs. She turned her attention to a lady with six inch heels and silver medallions around her neck, and thrust her boobs into the sky.

Observing the outfits' people wore for the evening, I could see dark nipples and a shit load of ass. I smirked. "Damn, I should have worn a tutu. It would have pronounced my assets better than these jeans."

"I think you would look good in full leather."

I whipped around and grabbed the hand that grabbed my ass. I tightened my grip on the four foot tall woman I said, "And I think you would be stunning in nappies, hobbit."

I shoved her away and growled. She glared back.

"Mutt," she muttered. She kept her eyes on me as she edged back into line.

My eyes glowed brighter than my neon chucks as I stepped toward her. "Yeah? At least I don't look like a three year old."

Night Life was one of the few clubs that was owned by a Börd. It was where we could be ourselves without consequence. Night Life was a club full of dancing, drinking, mingling, and by the sounds of it, fucking. If you wanted some alone time with your companion, then rent a private room by the hour. Each different room had their own theme as well as their own toys. For pleasure, or pain.

An establishment like Night Life had simple rules. No blood to be drawn on the premises. No humans to be taken, cursed, drunk from, forced, or turned unwillingly. A similar variation to the actual law of Börds.

I was a Börd. Anybody born from the Gods was a Börd. And our laws were simple. They had just the one rule.

No Börd was to reveal to the humans that we existed.

In all considerations, it was a good law. If a human was to be snacked on by a vampire and remember the encounter. That would be in breach of the law. If any incident led to a human finding out what we were, the law would be broken and the MEA will be paying you a visit.

It was ten minutes later that I came to the front of the line. I had my ID out and showed it to the Bouncer. I stepped up to pass the threshold. Instead my nose picked up a repulsive scent as it brushed by baldys' shirt.

"I've never seen you around here before."

I exhaled trying to breath out more than in. "I'm new in town, and I just thought I'd have a good time tonight."

"What's your name?"

"Chase. Pariana Chase."

"You do know this is an open club?" he said amused.