The Big Day

Alexander sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes. "Man, that was weird." He said, blinking harshly in the darkness. For a second there, he had seen brightness, like all the lights in his room had been cranked up times a thousand. "Must've been a dream." He mumbled and laid back down in his bed, pulling the covers over his eyes.

"Ugh." He groaned and sat up, fully awake now. The clock by his bed read 5:45, proving that he deserved another couple of hours of sleep. "Today's the day!" He thought, realizing that he would be leaving his small apartment to fly down to Long Island today. "Beaches, Girls, and Relaxing."

Alexander thought to himself and smiled. No way was he falling asleep now. He was way too excited. He couldn't believe his uncle had agreed to let him stay up there with him for a whole summer- probably because his mom would have gone crazy if he hadn't. After the sixth time he was expelled, his mother had had enough. It wasn't his fault though, honestly.

He didn't know how the lab had caught on fire. Or why Sindhi, his lab partner, had lied and said the fire had come from his eyes, shooting out like a laser. "If only that were true!" He had said, and though no one believed her story, the blame had been cast on him. "Drugs aren't something to meddle with, sweetheart." His mom had proclaimed after the incident. "Are you kidding me?" He had outraged, unbelieving that his mom had even thought him capable of doing drugs. To be honest,

Alexander was just as glad to be gone of her as she was with him. She thought he did it for attention, or fame, like the time his class had toured a photo shoot for a popular celebrity and he somehow made her fall, tripping, from a light shined in her eyes. Security searched him for a mirror or flashlight, but he had neither, yet somehow still took the blame.

Yeah, it was definitely time to go. He clicked his iPhone, and saw that he had no service. "How odd." He said, frowning. A red bubble popped up, like a text message, but when he clicked on it, all he could see was, 'Demigod has been found. Tracking starting immediately.'

And then it was gone. "Maybe I should go back to sleep, I'm starting to loose it!" Alexander thought and turned on his light. All three suitcases were in the corner by the door of his small bedroom. The walls sagged, and paint peeled off in the corners. The floor creaked and the bathroom sink leaked, and his living room shared the same space as his kitchen.

It wasn't that he wasn't grateful for all that he had, in fact, he was very content with his small apartment, but he was excited to see the beach house, not to mention the babes living nearby! He grinned at the thought and anxiously checked the alarm clock by his bed again. 6:02, it read, and he sighed deeply. When was 8:00 going to roll around?