• One •

Jessie

  "I want you to break her," I whispered intently, not that I was afraid the empty halls of Golden Oak High were listening to me as I threatened Adam Lovron but because I knew its the only attitude that would work with him.

"She's your best friend, remember?" He told me, as he rested his back against the wall, but I didn't need a reminder. I knew exactly what Chloe Morgan was to me and what she's yet to be. "I won't lose a thing by doing that. Always up for it. Always fulfilled when it came to breaking them, but I want more.

"What is that you demand, Mr. Lovron?" 

"What do I want? A lot. But not now. What is to be done now is what you please."

"Okay, then." I huffed. "Please, I want a Chloe Morgan with a broken heart by Valentine's day. 3 weeks from now. I want her vulnerable, walking down the streets with her eyes to the grou-"

Adam cut through my words. "Why d'you wanna kill her so much?"

"Why?!" I sighed, frustrated. "Ask her, if you claim to be so good with getting them heads-over-heels for you.."

I shoved his shoulder away from my way, "Let me go."

"Where? Would you like to bang your head through the wall?" He asks. "It's you whose fixating a big man's body to the wall, I suppose it should be the other way around. 

I wavered for a second. I could see it through his eyes, his ego was swallowed up by the pose we stood in. I could also see he didn't like it. "Whatever connection you and I are having, it's me who's ruling it. I hope you find this clear and I hope you get over the fact that it bothers you.

He grabs my wrists and fixes them to the wall, "We'll see who'll rank out under the other, Jessie." He strives past me and into the distant corridors.

 I walk alone to the cafeteria where I find Lily sitting with her legs crossed, earphones plugged in, and eyes on her salad. I sit infront of her and she takes her earplugs out, "What happened?! Did he agree upon it." She asks, hastily. 

"He can't not do it. He'd do anything for me."

We sit for a dozen ten minutes, silently, Lily finishing up her salad as I copied Mr. Cole Brandon's homework assignment from Slader.

When I get into the comfort of my brown driver's seat, Lily has already started the walk to her house. But none of that was an issue. I saw Chloe Morgan under Adam Lovron's grip, as his big frame, grinded her to the wall of our beige building, his hands interlocking her brown curls. Unable to contain it any further, I drift off the school's parking to wherever the roads would take me. But I couldn't stand watching his next step.