Chapter 16 - Surrender

Dear Diary,

It's been a few months since I last wrote in you. Things have been much the same really. Johnathon and I have decided to stick around until Charles returns so that we can complete our "Task" My mother came up with a brilliant Idea. But I'm not going to say anything yet. Initially I wasn't sure whether it was a good idea going through with the plan but since discussing it with Evie and Johnathon I have decided to go along with it.

Johnathon and I haven't done anything of much excitement recently. We have settled into life together. Although we haven't told anyone else about our relationship things have obviously been made easier by my mother. Johnathon has spent most evening's at my house, although we don't call it my house. To us it is home... Our home.

I write Johnathon a poem everyday and take it up to him in bed. I thought maybe you'd like to read today's one before I give it to him.

Johnathon my love for you is so strong,

So if and when i die,

I will come back to you and recarnate,

and if I do,

I wish that I can be a Butterfly,

So light and free,

and float up to the sky where I will always be,

Where I can see my love Johnathon from wherever I may be,

Then I would float on down to where he stood,

and gently ever so gently land apon his shoulder,

Where I can whisper sweet nothings into his ear,

and from then on only he would know that it was I,

Esme, then he will know who I am

the once love of his life, his Butterfly.

Evie is so happy for us. We spend alot of time at Evie's house at the moment. In fact we were there last night, for Supper. It was such a pleasent evening.

It was a warm June evening and Johnathon and I decided to walk to Evie's house for dinner. We walked hand in hand, discussing our future.

"I can't wait until this is all over and we can finally be a couple in the open" Johnathon said smiling at me.

"Neither can I dear." I was just as excited but there was a feeling deep inside that left me unnerved. I don't know why I'm feeling like this, maybe I'm just overdramatising things.

We arrived at Evie's early, I didn't bother knocking on the door. We were so close that we didn't feel it necessary.

"Evie? We're here." I called out. She wasn't downstairs, she must be upstairs putting the kids to bed. I made Johnathon and myself a drink and we settled down in front of the fire. I sat next to Johnathon on the large sofa and nestled my head onto his shoulder.

"Johnathon?" I asked, feeling totally content.

"Yes dear?" he replied, gently stroking his fingers up and down my arm, sending shivers up my spine.

"I want our life to be like this. I want us to have children and a nice open fire that we can sit in front of at night once the children are asleep. I want all this" I murmered to him.

"So do I my dear. I can't wait to make you my wife, for us to be a family with our own children. I dream about it every night." Johnathon replied.

Evie chose that moment to come downstairs. Sighing as she took the last step.

"Hi guys"

"Hi Evie, is everything ok? You look shattered." I asked, hoping that we weren't burdoning ourselves on Evie.