Living In North Italy: The Cost of Friendship (A Hetalia fanfic)

Okay so... Sorry if this is crappy. ^.^' Ehehe... I'll explain a few things in the bottom notes.

I'll upload the cover later when I get back home... so on Monday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week and three days. That’s how long my family and I have been living in Venice, Italy. It’s a big change from New York, America. And by New York I mean New York. As in the city New York in the state New York in the country United States of America. Harmoniously big change.

Because in Venice, there are no cars.

Zero. Zilch. Nada.

“I can’t eat another bite.” Abby, my younger sister, complained as she laid back in her seat and placed her hand on her stomach.

“I agree.” My father chimed in, mimicking her actions.

I looked up from my second plate of pasta, not even ashamed of how much I was eating compared to them. “Well, I’m not done yet.”

“Ah,” My mother said standing up, a pleasant smile on her face. God, I would never know how she managed to look so young at her age. She looked in her late tweenies’ when she was… I don’t even know how old my own mother is! “How about we leave and you can finish up and then do some shopping, okay?”

“Yeah, I wanna go.”

I shot Abby a glare before looking back at my mother. “Fine, but I get the card.”  Reaching out my hand I looked at her expectantly.

“Sweetie, you have your own money.” She pointed out.

“You’re mothers right,” My father added standing up also. “Don’t worry, we already paid the bill.”

I would have blushed if I was with anyone else. I had been so consumed with my food that I hadn’t even notice the exchange of paying with the waiter. “Fine, fine, shoo, shoo.” I said returning to my pasta before they had even left. I listened to their footsteps echoing before they disappeared. I just hopped I could find my way back home. I always managed to get lost here. All the streets or whatever you wanted to call them were to narrow and looked the frickin’ same. Even the water ways were identical!

Finishing up my food I wiped my mouth before pushing my chair back and standing up. Stretching I stared up at the sky, it was almost dark so I assumed it was around seven. Stars littered the sky, it was almost like a different world over here. So much change.

Silly me, so deep in thought that I didn’t even notice the frantic man running in my direction at full speed until it was too late. Bam! I was hit. My heart flew into my throat as I was flung to the ground, landing awkwardly on my shoulder. My back arched from the impact and I was paralyzed out of shock.

“Ah! I’m so sorry!” The man who was now laying on top of me said sounding panicked. I slowly opened my eyes to find his face inches from mine. I sucked in a sharp breath and the urge to scream at the top of my lungs. “Are you okay?” He asked, looking scared and concerned. Not able to say anything I just stared back into him golden eyes, his auburn hair touching the rim of my face. Suddenly he moved his body away from mine a little, although he was still pinning me to the ground. He looked behind his shoulder quickly before muttered something that I couldn’t hear. Looking back down at me he smiled. “You’re so pretty. Do you mind if I borrow you?” The next thing I knew I was on my feet and running.

“W-Wait!” I yelled at the man who was holding my hand and dragging me through the streets once I snapped out of my daze.

“Do you like ice cream?” He called over his shoulder as he slowed down.