Chapter 20

Just don't leave my side okay?" 

"Zain I'm not a child." Ria huffed out as she turned to look at her husband.

"I know but.." he sounded so anxious that she grabbed his face and looked into his eyes.

"Shh relax..oh god Zian. It'll be fine." He just looked at her, nodding a little. A few days had passed, since the day Ria met her father-in-law and even with the heads up from almost everyone, she still coudnt believe how a man could be so cold and emotionless. Even on his death bed Zian's father had not let  a moment pass buy without insulting or criticizing Zian and when she had finally protested a little, his cold eyes had gleamed at her dangerously.Still thinking about that moment gave Ria unpleasant chills.

She grabbed Zian's hand, which was resting on his thigh and tried to soothe the erratic pulse. Zian had spent a good part of his growing years trying to look for his mother and yesterday a ray of hope had been granted to them. A lady similar to the only photograph Zian had of hers had been found in Amsterdam running a small coffee shop and they were on their way to meet her.

Finally after an hour of two they both stood outside the cozy cafe, sweet smell of coffee and..Ria sniffed..a hint of chocolate wafted in the air. Zian stood beside her his tall frame covered in a long back coat, fitted pants and a muffler around his neck.

His eyes were covered with his trademark Raybans and a light stubble covering his chin, he looked nothing short of a GQ model.

She tugged his hand, trying to get his attention and nodded him to go inside. Zian dragged her with him, the warmth immediately surrounding them as they entered the cafe. Ria looked around  noticing the comfortable chairs, couches, stacks of books, magazines and random paintings on the wall, giving it such a homey feel.

A waitress approached them, looking wide eyes at her husband.

"Hey..can I help you?" an immediate blush covered her face as she stood in front of her husband.

"Hello, I'm ..we had an appointment with Miss Singhania."

"Oh yes sir, she's..let me check. Why don't you wait for a few moments.." she shuttered looking for her employer.

"Sure." Zian gave a nod,sitting on a couch. Ria sat near him, almost on his lap..wrong time to feel jealous and possessive but she coudnt help it.

She wanted all the ladies eying Zian to know that he was well and truly taken.Zian played with his thumbs, his foot tapping nervously and he continuously ran his hand in his hair. He looked at Ria who looked just as nervous as him, and smiled. Her mere presence had calmed him down..yes he was nervous but having her beside him made everything so much easier.

"Ria what if she's not---"

"Zian.."

"No what of we have made a mistake? I cant let that happen twice..I cant do this." he suddenly got up as Ria looked at him dumbfounded.

"Come on we have to go.." he tugged her hand but she dint budge "Ria come on I cant do this..it was wrong of me to come here and hope for something thats never going to happen."

"What the hell Zian? She hasn't even come and you're--"

"Thats it. She hasnt come and she's not going to. We're leaving come on.."

"Zian.." she tried to tug her hand free but he was quite strong. They were almost out of the cafe door when they heard a voice

"Hello"

They turned and saw a very beautiful lady, who looked no more than in her late thirties looking expectantly at them. She was dressed in  casual sweater and jeans. Her eyes stayed on Zain's face as if she was trying to figure out something.