SUI

Stiles slowly walked into the house, the sound of white silence ringing in his ears. Broken shards of glass crunched beneath his threadbare, black boots, the pieces scattered everywhere in millions of tiny shards, leaving the windows completely bare.

"aspectu" he whispered under his breath, a red glow taking over his vision seconds later. The glass was splotched with a green residue that Stiles could only associate with the remains of some type of magic that he's seen before. The man bent down, grabbing a rubber glove out of his bag and using it to pick a pile of the glass up, inspecting the residue more closely, staring at the tiny, vein-like lines that were crawling up amongst the green, black in color and thin. Stiles grabbed a plastic pouch from his bag and placed the glass inside, zipping it tightly then securing it inside of his bag.

"Mr Stilinski?" A woman's voice called from the door. The man looked up, the red color dissipating from vision as he stood. "My name is Claire London, I'm the one that called for your services" the woman held her hand out, her thin, bony fingers decorated with various shiny rings, her nails coated with a glossy red color. Her bright, blonde hair cascaded down to almost reach her hip, twisted in long ringlets, the front pieces shaping her thin, tan face that was home to a polite grin. Stiles stared for a second, taking in the soft green eyes that looked too much like someone else's, the painted red lips that were pulled into a friendly smile, the pointed chin, the overall hard but unthreatening demeanor.

"It's nice to meet you, Miss London" Stiles' voice was gruff, his hand firm and hard in the woman's as he shook her hand.

"So, any news for me?" She asked, crossing her arms over his chest, the material of her charcoal grey suit stretching around her elbows and her shoulders. Her feet were set apart in a ready stance, her suit pants flaring around her ankles.

"All the evidence here points to a witch of some kind" he walked over to the window, where the panes were completely bare. "Nothing could have pulled the glass out of the pane quit so clean, or break the glass into so many small fragments" he gestured to the glass infested ground. "There is also a residue that is very particular to some witches that I've seen before, I'll test the sample I've taken and run them against the cases I've had before and I'll get it all back to your lab. This one wasn't very difficult" Stiles explained, hoisting his bag further into his shoulder.

"Wasn't very difficult?" The woman chuckled awkwardly. "There are four dead children and twelve dead teens and adults, how is that not difficult?" She asked with an almost offended look on her face, before she schooled her featured back to a blank state. Stiles breathed calmly through his nose as he nodded.

"I've been doing this for a few years, Miss London, I've seen too many things to find anything too difficult to deal with. If you'll excuse me, I'm sure you'll want these results as soon as possible" Stiles nodded in finality to the woman as he passed her, stepping outside of the blood soaked cabin.

His boots crunched on the gravel driveway, his eyes not daring to look back at the small cabin, afraid that if he looked up at the second story he'd remember seeing the slashed little girl that had been laying in the closet when he'd been called, or the triplet little boy's that were asphyxiated in the room to the right. So Stiles calmly walked to his SUV, pulled the door open and slipped into the passenger seat as he stared at the gravel. His jaw continuously clenched and unclenched as he pulled away, a deep, haunted breath leaving his lungs the further he traveled.

What he had told the woman was true. He didn't allow his cases to be difficult anymore; he spent countless night in the beginning sobbing into his pillow for the slain children and the murdered men and women, but he took that pain and allowed it to drive a stone cold demeanor he used to capture their murderers. He would tell himself countless time that it wasn't his fault and all he could do was bring them peace and justice by catching the ones who took their lives. It was all he could do and he knew that.