Prologue

The darkness consumes everything into an endless pit of uncertainty.

                   The gentle pitter-patter of the rain falls onto my skin. It falls as soft as a feather but stings my skin as I crouch down onto the rough pavement.

                   Masked by raindrops, my tears flow endlessly down my face, making me think irrationally.

                   The dimness of the night is flashed out by a blinding light, enough to cancel out my vision completely.

                    What is death?

                    For some, it is a journey back home, guided by a peaceful light. It is flying away into an unknown world full of adventures, tranquility filling every portion of their soul.

                    But in my case, it is completely different.

                  The blinding light continues to impair my vision and next thing you know, the scenery has changed: there is a collision of metal on metal. I inhale the sharp smell of burnt rubber and gasoline. The scent fills my lungs, making it hard to breath. The rain doesn’t help either. A new wound would form after another, and the water makes me scream into a world where nobody will ever listen.

          Despite such a quick departure, a horrible pit forms in my stomach as I realize that I will never able to pass away peacefully. I quickly push the thought away from my head. This is what I wanted. Not anything else. Just plainly this. I am not needed. I will not leave a legacy. Besides, what is there to life when you have no one to live for or nothing to fight for?

          But you know what’s weird?

             It happens so quickly. A few moments of agony, a few minutes of pain, and in a snap of my fingers, I’m gone. Forgotten. My existence is completely wiped out and nobody would even remember me. It would be like I never existed. But it has always been like that.

              A final blow takes away my life, and I am gone.