Now, Orphan

"CCPD! Open the door!"

When John jumped out of the bed, Zatanna was still trying to remember what was going on. Within a few seconds of looking around and rumbling, John gathered her belongings and crossed through the windowpane to escape.

"We are too high. Can't get out alive." Zatanna looked around and pointed the vent pipe.

"What about that?"

"Not tall enough. Can't reach it."

A few seconds later, he saw something and smiled.

"Fancy a laundry trip?"

John opened the laundry tube's door, Zatanna pushed her backpack and sat there. As she slid into the tube, John jumped after her.

Right after he closed tube's door, he heard the sound of the police. "Shit, they are in there!" He shouted.

Their dark and downward journey felt as they were sliding on the water slide. As he slid to the side of the pipe with his foot to cut his speed, he heard the girl's voice and called out. "Zee, get away. I don't want to kill you!"

Then he fell from two meters into the dirty laundry.

"My God... It stinks here."

Zatanna was already up and looking for her backpack. "We need to get out of here before the hotel staff comes here."

"We need to change our clothes first. Police will be out there, searching for us crazy."

After that, they started to find something to wear in thousands of clothes in there. They didn't want to waste time so they just grabbed something can fit them.

"Turn around John. I'm changing." She was ready with the tights and t-shirt she held but he couldn't find anything.

"Zee, I'm standing in the middle of free clothes heaven. The last thing I want to do now is seeing you naked. You can change your clothes anywhere you want."

He held a shirt and a tie but he still couldn't find a trouser that can fit him. He thought these people must be rich. They have so much money that they don't leave their houses and eat food every day. If this was not the situation he was dealing with, he couldn't explain how hundreds of fat people came together.

"Okay. I'm done." She said. As he turned into her, he saw she was smiling. "Aren't you a bit young to wear leather tights and jackets? Also, what are these on your hand? Fishnets? You are 13 dude..."

She threw a trouser to him and ground. "Stop your stupid jokes. I am about to die from joke poisoning."

After he wore what he held, they were ready to go.

"Hey, stop a second." He said. "I always wanted a trenchcoat."

He pulled it from the hanger and turned to her.

"How do I look?"

She smiled. "Aren't you a little bit 16 year old to wear that?"

He smirked as she get out of the room.

Hall seemed silent, there were some police on the floor and a few staff could be seen. As Zatanna and John walked to the exit, someone called from the back.

"Sir, Madam?" They continued walking.

"You two. Stay where you are!" The policeman yelled. And then he opened his radio.

"They are in the hotel. I'm repeating. Zatara's daughter is here."

John grabbed Zatanna's hand. "Now we are fucked up."