Ch. 1: My new life.

I can't believe my dog just ran outside. He knows better than that; I ran after him though, following him into the dark woods, hoping he wouldn't go too far. The further I went in the less light I seen and the more noises I heard. It was a chilly night for March, but I had my jacket on, so I wasn't all that cold.

"Diamond!!" I yelled for my dog but I heard nothing in response. 'Ugh where did that dog of mine go!?' I thought to my self. I looked around me and kept noticing black shapes, but once I saw it, it just disappeared.' Come on Chloe, its just your imagination playing tricks on you, get a grip and find Diamond'.

I could barley see the full moon hidden behind the tree branches, but it gave off enough light so I could see where I was going. "Here boy!" I yelled again and finally heard a little noise that sounded like a whine. I ran toward it, only to be terrified by what I saw.

Diamond was on the ground and blood was pouring out of him. I ran to him and gathered him in my arms, saying 'everything would be okay'. Tears stung at my eyes until I gave up holding them back. I looked around and saw a black shadow by a tree coming toward me."Who are you?" my voice sounding very hoarse from the crying." My name is Christian, I'm so sorry about your dog, I didn't mean to.." His voice was like roses-sweet and nice. He walked closer so the moon was like a spotlight on his face. He was like an angel, high cheekbones, great hair and beautiful eyes. I felt embarrassed for staring so I looked away quickly, avoiding his eyes." What happened to my dog?" I asked Christian shyly." I must go now. I'm sorry for your loss. I hope to see you shortly." As he finished his sentence he reached down to grab my hand to kiss it, like a gentleman from the old days would. Than he was gone, just like that. I glanced around and everything was quiet, I grabbed Diamond tightly in my arms and ran the same way I came.

As soon as I spotted the house my legs buckled from underneath me, I thought I was gonna hit face first but strong hands held me up. I looked up to see Christian holding me in his arms."Long time, no see, Chloe". he said with a huge grin on his face. I looked away so he couldn't see my puffy, blood shot eyes from crying. I probably looked like a mess compared to his handsomeness. He used his thumb and tilted my face to look at him." Dont hide your face, my beauty, all will be fine." smiled Christian. He had the best looking smile I have ever seen, It made me have butterflies In my stomach, a feeling I've never had." Uhm.. h..hi.." I studdered. I felt like a dork, how miserable. I stared into his eyes and got lost in the bright- blue as the sky eyes. He saw me staring at him and I got shy and glanced away from him, feeling a pink color form on my cheeks; I knew I was blushing.

We stayed like that forever it seems, not moving not talking, Just listening to our breathing and the wind blowing around around us." I should get inside.. its getting late. Thank you for not letting me fall, Christian." I said to him grinning. I stood up, my dead dog still in my arms. He looked at me with a huge grin on his face, grabbing my hand again, to kiss it like before."Until next time, Chloe." and just like that he left, my eyes searching everywhere but never landing back on him, because he was gone.

I walked into my house and my mom came running to me after she got a good look at my clothes and my dog."Oh my, sweetie what happened?" my mom was saying as she checked to make sure I wasn't hurt from the blood on my shirt. I looked down at the dogs lifeless body and felt the hot tears running down once more." I.. I d-don't know, mama. I f-found him in the w-woods like t-this." I answered, my voice shaking. She ran to the kitchen and grabbed a sack. I didn't want to let diamond go, but I knew I had to. I cried harder as I put him in the sack." Baby, go change out of those clothes and take a shower, I will handle this. A proper burial." My mom looked like she was holding back tears, but I didn't blame her.

I sobbed my way up the my bathroom, Stripped from my clothes and threw them in the waste bucket, not wanting to see them again. I turned the shower to scorching hot and I jumped in, not feeling the heat at all, my body was so numb. I sat with my back to the water falling down with my head on my knees, balling my eyes out.