They Said It Wouldn't Work Out

Hey guyss. I had this idea when I was going to sleep one night. And I really hope you guys like it, and please comment you opinion and vote! Also if you can tell other people about this story, I would be very, very happy!:) thanks, enjoy! 

~Courtney

"Mom!" I yell at her. I scream loudly. She looks at me, then looks at my dad. Her face is full of regret, sadness. But I don't think it's because she's leaving us. It's probably because she spent some of her life with us.

My mother had been talking about leaving for years. My dad always convinced her to stay, saying that I needed a mother in my life.

But now, I'm all grown up. I'm seventeen, and have no more questions for her. I would have been much happier if she left a long time ago. I could'v learned things from the mandatory health classes at school. I didn't need her, my dad doesn't need her. We can handle ourselves.

"I'm leaving today Paul. No argues, no compromises, I'm leaving," my mom turned and walked toward her bags. Her light brown hair shielded her face from our emotions. When she looked back up at my dad, her blue eyes were full of despise. "I can't believe I spent half of my fucking life here! I'm happy to leave," mom yelled, to nobody in particular. My dad took a step back and looked down at the ground, none of his dark brown hair is long enough to cover his face.

She turned to me, looking straight into my eyes. "Don't think I'm sad to leave you. Don't think that your the reason I stayed, your a little bitch, and you don't deserve anything you have."

"You know what?" I hear myself talk. Her little speech has unbottled everything I've kept inside all these years. "I'm not the bitch. You marry someone, have a child, and decide you want to abandon the family because you never loved them! You are sick. You think I wanted you around? You can leave. Because we want you gone even more than you want to leave!" I take a big breath, because I said everything so quickly I didn't have time to breath.

I look at her, she states back. Mu dad comes over and pulls me back toward him, away from her.

"Goodbye Sarah," that's all he says. He turns us around and takes me up the stairs. I hear the door of our house slam shut. I don't bother to turn around, I know she's gone. But I don't care.

"Sydney, we are selling this house, I got a new job. I just can't live here anymore," his voice sounds sad and broken.

"But dad-"

"No Sydney! I can't do this anymore. We can't live in this broken house!" He breaks down. Starts to cry. I've never seen him cry. I hug him. He hugs me back. Then we bake cookies.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"Here we are," my dad exclaims as we walk through the door of the hotel room. We sold the house about a month after mom left. We also took our furniture to my grandparents house they have this huge mansion, so they were happy for more stuff, and now we stay in a hotel until we get a new house.

I wasn't sad to leave that small town. I had no friends there anyway. Dad also got a new job, which he refuses to tell me.

The hotel room was pretty nice. It has a soft tan carpet, which turned to white tile in the kitchen and bathroom areas. Two double beds sit against the wall, about two feet apart. There is an uncomfortable looking chair in one corner of the room. A small kitchen is equipped with a mini fridge, a sink, and a microwave.

"So I guess we're having either Kraft Dinner or those little dinners that you heat up in the microwave right," I ask my dad. I hear him chuckle in the other room.

"No sweetie," he says, "we can go out for dinner tonight. We're only here for one night anyway."

"Only one night?"