Chapter 1

"Sorry!" I yell behind me as I run into someone in the hall. I can't be late to class again this month or I'll get detention, and my parents will kill me if I get detention. I sprint the last 20 feet into my homeroom\science classroom. I fall into my chair, panting. The bell rings, and I breath a sigh of relief. No detention for me. My homroom\science teacher, Mr. Fish, clears his throat to get the class's attention. I look up obediently.

''Alright'' Mr. Fish starts, ''if you dont have science first period with me, go to the class you're supposed to be in." About half the class gets up including me. I have science third period. As I'm getting up, I see someone ive never seen before get up. He's about 6'2'', with dark brown hair and brown eyes. He sees me and smiles. I smile back. As I'm walking out of the class, I here foorsteps behind me.

"Excuse me?" I turn around to see the new boy standing behind me with a piece of paper in his hand. "Could you tell me where some of my classes are?" He hands me the piece of paper. I look down at it. honors english, room 105, Mrs. Lopez. Thats where I'm going. I look at the rest of the day, then the rest of the week. All the same classes as me.

"You actually have the same schedule as me, so you can just stay with me." I say, looking up at him. "If you want to." I add quickly.

"If that's okay with you, that would be great." He says, holding out his hand. "I'm Jake Matthews by the way."

"I'm Emma Moore" I say, shaking his hand. We smile at each other, then I show him to our next class. I can tell we're going to be friends