Falling

You tumbled through the air, blindly twisting as your wings were battered against the harsh winds, causing you to only plummet further towards the trees below. You hardly had the strength to wrap your wings around yourself as protection, was this how you were to die..?
Within moments, you were ricocheting from branch to branch, causing many cuts to form, and bruises that would later show.
When you finally hit the ground, the impact was so hard you could feel how it made a small crater, and how your wings didn't feel quite right..
Soon enough, black spots obscured your vision as you began to lose consciousness. The last thing you saw were the silhouettes of figures, murmuring in shock and fear.

- Flashback -

You looked around cautiously, before stepping off the plush cloud, into the midnight sky, and swooping gracefully down towards the earth, unseen.
You knew the risks of leaving to see him each night, but to you, he was worth all the risks in the world.
After gliding to the ground, you looked around, letting your eyes land on the f/c flowers in bloom. You smiled as the gentle breeze caressed your skin, flowing between every feather of your angelic wings.
You turned around to see a cloaked figure, whom you embraced with joy, knowing it was the love of your life, no matter what the corrupt archangel had said about vampires.

- Flashback End -

You opened your eyes slowly to bright, fiery lights, and what you believed were pitchforks.
"Burn the devil!" Screeched an old woman, clinging tightly to said item.
Your eyes darted around, as you tried to move, ignoring the yells and screeches from the mob.
You looked up to see chains tightly clamped around your wrists, and then.. you noticed your wings.
No longer were they the pure white, that showed such goodness before. They were a deep shade of black. As you scanned the area, you came across a shiny platter with reflective properties. You stared deeply into the object, only to see your eyes were glowing a fiery red, similar to the fire that was now beginning to swarm at your feet, lashing at the pyre that had been built below you. You screamed in agony as the flames reached your feet. Even though you were immortal, you still felt pain.
"Let me go!" You screamed, violently yanking on the chains. You felt tears well up in your eyes as you screamed out once more with a deadly glare; "STOP THIS!" Suddenly, a white spiral of magic surrounded you, then, without warning, flew out in every direction, you felt the targets blood splatter against your skin, the sheer power of the wind it created, caused the fire to diminish and die out quickly. You yanked on the chains again, whilst your eyes glowed brighter. You would not die here.
The chains made an awful CLANG as you shattered them against eachother. You were free.
You let out a mischievous grin, unfurling your wings as you stepped down from the half-burnt pyre, and walked over the bloody carnage you had created.
You were no simple angel anymore.
You were... the fallen one.