One Shot Winner [Luke]

By: NiallzLukey

**********

Luke's POV:

There's this one girl at high school, she, she's different. She's naturally beautiful and she doesn't even try. Every time I try to get close to her she pushes me away, I'm not sure whether its just the persona she takes up at school or whether she just hates me. It annoys me a lot because if I may say so myself, I am popular whether you like it or not. I am. Everyone normally likes me but no! Emma doesn't. I think I just want what I can't get.

So today I am going to talk to her, to see who she really is.

I see Emma stood at her locker, rummaging for a book I assume. I am going to talk to her.

"Hey." I greet, towering over her leaning against the lockers.

"Hi. Erm... I gotta get going for my class." She awkwardly tries to get away from me. No that's not happening.

"Oh no you don't." I tell her grabbing her hand.

"Why? You gonna try to make me a whore? Like all your other girls?" She scolds looking at me dead in the eyes.

"Well that's low even coming from the school's loner." I fire back immediately regretting what I said.

"Wow. That hurt. Not. Do you not have another person to bully?"

"No and I'm not bullying you. I'm trying to talk to you and you turn it around." I remind her.

"Well. Can't you talk to me later. When you'll be laughed at for it?" She shifts her books and moves her gaze from my eyes to the floor.

"Yeah. I can. Sit with me at dinner." I offer.

"Erm okay." She accepts. Score!

"See you later then Em." I flirt, winking at Emma. She just nervously smiles and walks away.

When she's out of sight, I do a victory air punch and get a few stares and laughs.

Later at lunch, I scan the cantine and catch Emma's eye contact. I wave and summon her. She tries to walk past my table but I stand up in her way. I grab her bag from her shoulder and throw it on the seat next to me.

"Erm Luke what you doing?" Ashton eyes me up.

"Emma is sitting here with us." I tell him standing up and pulling the seat out for her. She just looks around and then between me and the chair.

"Is she? When did we clarify this?" Ash raises his voice staring at her.

"I'm in the way Luke. Imma leave." She says reaching for her bag.

"No. No, you're not. If you leave I'll just follow you." I tell her getting closer causing her to shift away.

"Whatever Luke." Ash interrupts.

"Shut it." I spit, he sits back down and starts eating again.

"Em sit." I plead, patting the seat.

"Okay..." She gives up and places her tray onto the table.

The way she eats, its as though she thinks there's a big crowd watching. She tears the sandwich instead of biting it. It's cute. She's cute.

"So. What classes do you need help for?" I ask Emma.

"Erm. I'm just a little behind in maths." She replies staring at the table. My mum is a maths teacher and I'm a maths whizz.

"I'll help you study." I tell her.

"No you can't." She replies.

"Yes I can and I'm not taking no for an answer. You're coming to mine tomorrow and we'll study there." I demand, getting a few stares from my friends.